Does anyone else thinks that the Democrat/Left side has some hypocrites?

Jusey1

1 hour ago, fragglerock said:

So you neither agree

I don't agree nor disagree. 

Of course not

So at least we agree on something.

I can live with that.

Despite being pretty far left

I am pretty close to the middle. Main reason I could stomach Biden, but can't so many on either side.

He is what politics should strive to be. The ability to hear all sides. Good or bad. 

Fraggle Underdark

I'm confused about why you quoted me, where the full sentence was "So you neither agree nor disagree", to say "I don't agree nor disagree". Yeah I'm having trouble even coming up with a hypothesis for the duplication. I'm sure you didn't deliberately cut my sentence in half, right?

This thread is being temporarily locked for cool-down.

Recent posts in this thread have been more focused on making statements about other members than about the topic at hand.

AspieAlly613, 

Moderator of Asexual Relationships,

Co-Moderator of Hot Box.

Thread now unlocked. Please keep in mind the Terms of Service.

Iam9man

PPS Moderator

• 3 weeks later...
AspieAlly613

Oddly specific example:

"Having the expectation of a stay-at-home mom in the house is a sexist relic of the past."

"Minimum wage should be enough for one earner to support a family of four."

Fraggle Underdark
On 3/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, AspieAlly613 said:

Oddly specific example:

"Having the expectation of a stay-at-home mom in the house is a sexist relic of the past."

Hmm I'm not sure of the hypocrisy here. Especially since the "one earner" might be a single parent. (As an aside I neither agree nor disagree with the 2nd statement above.)

Knight of Cydonia
6 minutes ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Oddly specific example:

Where is the hypocrisy here? The "one earner" isn't gendered; single parents exist; and due to a variety of reasons, one parent may choose or need to stay at home. There's nothing wrong with that.

5 minutes ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Oddly specific example:

Not sure what this is supposed to be an example of... one statement says that it's sexist to assume women want to be stay-at-home moms. The other says it shouldn't take two adults working full-time/over-time to support two kids. 

It would be hypocritical to say, "Having the expectation of a stay-at-home mom in the house is a sexist relic of the past, and also we should raise minimum wage so we can go back to the breadwinner father, stay-at-home mom model." Right now the two statements aren't related; as others have pointed out, the "one earner" could be either parent. 

I think most feminists would agree that we envision a future where both of the following are no longer present:

A) the mentality that women by default should be stay-at-home moms, and

B) the shaming of women who do genuinely want to be stay-at-home moms.

I see no contradiction here.

I don't know how this became about stay at home moms and minimum wage (jumped to the last page and don't care about reading anything in between), but there's nothing wrong with wanting minimum wage to be high enough for single parents to be able to support their families. 

Archived