I'm both upset and happy when I see pictures on Facebook of couples being cute

RobL2415

I'm happy because I'm happy for them being together but I'm upset because I feel like I can never have what they have. I used to get really depressed about it but after several years of therapy and medication it's been reduced to a frustration.

Yeah; seeing happy photos like that used to bring me down.

What's helped me is focusing on things that I care about, that make me feel happier (comparing my life to other people's wasn't making me feel happy), say, for example, using other social media sites to search for info. So, now, I'm not really bothered when I happen to come across other's happy/couple's photos on social media because I know that it's, probably, not really something I'd be interested in for myself, anyway (seemingly, being aromantic).

Also, it helped to remind myself that not everyone's lives are as perfect or as happy as they really might appear, on social media, because some people don't mention all the bad or stressful things that are going on in their lives, which only gives the impression that everything is perfectly happy, okay, etc. 

Don't let Faecesbook delude you, like they do most of its users. Yes, happy, but that captures a moment in time. Couple argue and fight but they won't post pictures of that, will they?

Of course people will pick the best photos to post.

Don't let faecesbook ruin your life!

DarkStormyKnight

Wow I relate to this hardcore. I'm not a huge fan of PDA in general so seeing images like that makes me feel ugh and jealous. But definitely agree with what's been said, focus on yourself and what makes you happy. Social media is a cesspool haha.

22 hours ago, DarkStormyKnight said:

Wow I relate to this hardcore. I'm not a huge fan of PDA in general so seeing images like that makes me feel ugh and jealous. But definitely agree with what's been said, focus on yourself and what makes you happy. Social media is a cesspool haha.

It's not that I dislike it, but that I dislike that I can't have it.

I love seeing people happy. I want people to be happy with their SOs. But I'm upset that I can't join them in that happiness.

Archived