Asexual sayings you think should become a thing

Snao Cone

I was contemplating the phrase "Does a bear shit in the woods?" and how it's used as a sarcastic response to questions with obvious answers. The following theoretical exchange came to mind:

"Do straight men want to have sex with women?" 

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" 

How can we twist the phrase to apply to some of the questions or statements that frequently come up about asexuals? Here's what I thought of:

"Can asexuals have sex?"

"Can a bear shit in your house?" 

I mean, there's nothing structural that makes it impossible, if a bear can get in somehow. It's just not a natural setting. There would have to be more to the story, just like sexually active asexuals have many elements to explain since the outcome doesn't follow as simple of a pattern. 

What are some other cliches or phrases you think should become a thing in asexual discourse? 

Purple Wanderer

Instead of "Friends with Benefits", Can't we be "Friends with Cake?".    I.e someone who is somewhere between a friend and a romantic partner. So a friend with whom whom you share some of the advantages of a partner (whatever those advantages may be in your case they just can't be sexual)

On 1/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, Purple Wanderer said:

Instead of "Friends with Benefits", Can't we be "Friends with Cake?".    I.e someone who is somewhere between a friend and a romantic partner. So a friend with whom whom you share some of the advantages of a partner (whatever those advantages may be in your case they just can't be sexual)

So like a QPR?

Gifted With Singleness

I don't know if it's ever been used on AVEN, but I remember someone on Reddit a while ago suggesting that we say, "I aced that," whenever a sex joke goes over our heads.

Instead of saying, "It's all Greek to me," we can say, "It's all sex to me."

"Are aces LGBT?" can be used to describe extremely controversial debates that never go anywhere. Example:

"Is a hot dog a sandwich?"

"Are aces LGBT?"

"Would you fuck a sunset?" can be used as a rhetorical response to people who have a hard time understanding the difference between aesthetic attraction and sexual attraction.

Also, if it's not a thing already, I would like the word "cake" to be an official placeholder for just living your life doing whatever you do (without sex, of course). Examples:

"I'm sorry, I was too busy eating cake. What were we talking about again?"

"One day, I was just eating some cake, and then something weird happened."

"What cake are you eating?" as another way to say, "What's up?"

MakeupJunkie4
4 hours ago, Gifted With Singleness said:

I don't know if it's ever been used on AVEN, but I remember someone on Reddit a while ago suggesting that we say, "I aced that," whenever a sex joke goes over our heads.

I like this! 😂

On 1/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, Gifted With Singleness said:

"Would you fuck a sunset?" can be used as a rhetorical response to people who have a hard time understanding the difference between aesthetic attraction and sexual attraction.

I like that!

On 1/14/2021 at 6:36 PM, Gifted With Singleness said:

Also, if it's not a thing already, I would like the word "cake" to be an official placeholder for just living your life doing whatever you do (without sex, of course). Examples:

"I'm sorry, I was too busy eating cake. What were we talking about again?"

"One day, I was just eating some cake, and then something weird happened."

"What cake are you eating?" as another way to say, "What's up?"

I whole-heartedly adopt this.

Stolen from a tik tok, but I really like "if I'm asexual and you're asexual then who's giving a fuck?"

On 1/14/2021 at 9:36 PM, Gifted With Singleness said:

You win the internet today! Thank you for teaching me a funny response to folks who question my identity and my existence. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, Snao Cone said:

I was contemplating the phrase "Does a bear shit in the woods?" and how it's used as a sarcastic response to questions with obvious answers. The following theoretical exchange came to mind:

"Do straight men want to have sex with women?" 

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" 

How can we twist the phrase to apply to some of the questions or statements that frequently come up about asexuals? Here's what I thought of:

"Can asexuals have sex?"

"Can a bear shit in your house?" 

I mean, there's nothing structural that makes it impossible, if a bear can get in somehow. It's just not a natural setting. There would have to be more to the story, just like sexually active asexuals have many elements to explain since the outcome doesn't follow as simple of a pattern. 

What are some other cliches or phrases you think should become a thing in asexual discourse? 

I am totally in love with the quote "Does a bear shit in the woods?" 😂 made my day!

Best comeback ever! Thanks @Snao Cone

Ace Of Dragons

On Amazon I found an asexual T-shirt that said, "I got  an ace up my sleeve, it's me".

MakeupJunkie4
On 2/9/2021 at 4:54 PM, JadeG94 said:

I am totally in love with the quote "Does a bear shit in the woods?" 😂 made my day!

Best comeback ever! Thanks @Snao Cone

Along these lines, I've heard "Is a frog's butt watertight?" 🤣

Archived