Sensual, Aesthetical or Sexual Attraction?

Taemi

I'm still trying to find myself and label myself properly. I know it isn't easy process but if I don't have everything in my life categorized I feel anxious because of my OCD. I think I'm somewehre in the ace spectrum, but I'm not sure where. I'm sure I don't want to have sex or to be involved in sexual activities. That sounds like ace. But asexuals do not feel sexual attraction. I'm stuck in thinking I do feel sexual attraction in some way, but just don't want to have sex. I can feel romantic attraction and I can feel romantic feelings towards someone. At the same time I can find this person attractive and sex-appeling to me. Which I used to consider as sexual attraction. I like how that person looks like - from face to body features. I can be physically turned on by looking on that person and fantasizing about how he would look like naked. But not in a way I would want to have sex with him. Just kind of appreciation of beautiful body and appearence. Should I call it strong aesthetical attraction? Because this feelings lead me to sensual attraction - I want to kiss or cuddle him, but again not to have sex.

Yes, for me this sounds like aesthetic and sensual attraction. As long as it doesn't involve that innate desire to connect with them sexually, I consider it's not sexual attraction, but this is just my opinion.

Sarah-Sylvia

If it doesn't lead you to wanting sexual pleasure with them, then it's probably just sensual ;)
It's funny how aesthetic and sensual attraction can mingle together.

Anthracite_Impreza

If it doesn't lead to a desire for sex, why call it sexual? It's like, if it isn't a feeling of needing to eat you wouldn't call it hunger, would you?

Archived