Are you an introvert?

Taemi

I am definitely and proudly an introvert. Being around other people is so draining.

Introvert for sure. I like my alone time and have no problem filling it, but I have no problem chatting with decent people as long as they start the conversation and it’s not small talk.

failing adult

yup im an introvert, I can act extroverted in social settings if I need to but thats unnecessary since I am staunchly against going places that have people. 

Me and my partner are both extremely introverted, but we've somehow cancelled that out in regards to each other and can spend whole days together and we talk over messaging every day. we'll just spend time together , while we do our own things, like I'll read and they will cross stitch etc. 

however I have not spoken to anyone other than my partner and one friend (memes, in which we just go 'lol u') in over 4 weeks 

I still live with my family but I maybe see them like, twice a day since I'm actually a cave dweller and leave my room for no one 

and i am extremely content, literally never been happier 

I'm an introvert as well 😄 my closest friend group for the longest time was only like 4 ppl.  Funny thing is, two of us were introverted and the other 2 were extroverted.  I don't mind staying at home all day to watch videos or draw but it's nice to get on voicecall every once in a while.  We're all too busy to really do that atm tho, so I've been pretty lonely.  Can only stand my family for so long before I want to be w/ friends.... 

I'm so introverted that sometimes, I forget that a lot of people are not. I just looked up the ratio, and extroverts outnumber introverts 3:1. 😳

But yeah, I'm introverted and always will be introverted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, Ldlelee said:

I'm so introverted that sometimes, I forget that a lot of people are not.

I wish I could forget. 😄 I'm surrounded by extroverts and I'm not good at faking extroversion, which is what a lot of introverts do to get by. I just can't pull it off at all.

Just now, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I wish I could forget. 😄 I'm surrounded by extroverts and I'm not good at faking extroversion, which is what a lot of introverts do to get by. I just can't pull it off at all.

I used to be decent at faking it. One of my closest friends thought I was super extroverted for a time because I did social dancing so much.

2 hours ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

@Sean_Bird I guess a lot of performance artists are actually introverts so that makes sense.

Yeah I think so. I'm friends with someone who's a somewhat well-known folk musician and he's a great storyteller on stage, very politically outspoken both offline and on, happy to talk to anyone who attend his gigs... but also very very private in some ways and he clearly guards his personal life carefully. You can sense a certain reservation even when he's chatting to people. He lives way out in the middle of nowhere on a farm with his wife (she's big into horses) and also has little place in very rural Nova Scotia where he spends a lot of time in the summer, usually alone. He's told me about anxiety he used to have before going on stage when he was younger, which is part of the reason he used to drink a lot (been sober for decades now).

But you'd never really know he was as private and introverted as he is if you just saw him on stage. He seems very at ease (and probably is at this point).

I am very introverted. I've had no friends for years and been fine with it. 😗 I run out of energy very quickly when I'm forced to socialize.

I'm an introvert, specifically a person with limited social battery. I may be very talkative and social a share of a day, but don't bother me when I run out the battery, or I bite.

Full-blown, incredibly stereotypical introvert. My social battery is reserved for when I volunteer at nerd conventions, mostly.

I'm a total INFJ introvert. Socializing with people drains mw. I love doing everything by myself and when I have meetings with friends I literally have to psyche myself up to do it. Back in high school my friends and I would go out every weekend and I had to invent being sick at least once a month. I was always known as the sickly friend. In time though they all realized I was just faking sickness to ditch them 😅

Oh, when I was younger I also invented excuses to get out of weekly meetings with friends some of the times (thinking it would avoid hurt feelings). These days I try to tell people the truth, that I didn't feel like it that time or that I wanted to be alone (or occasionally, that I have a migraine or some other thing that stops me even if I wanted to go). The people I spend time with get to know that I am introverted and sometimes am not up to being with people, especially in noisy crowded places.

I'm an introvert. I can exist around other humans for a max of about 4 hours before needing a break. Significantly less if I'm not really good friends with them.

For the most part yes, going into big drives me to insanity but small groups are ok to some extent.

Archived