Hello!

Neocaridina

I have been lurking on this forum for a couple of months now, so I thought I might as well introduce myself. I'm pretty shy so I don't usually post much online, but I think maybe I should try to become part of this community.

Anyway, I am 22 and have known about asexuality for several years, but it has taken a while to realize that I'm ace and to accept this part of myself. Reading posts here has helped me realize that it is nothing to be ashamed of and that there is nothing wrong with me. Growing up sex/sexual attraction wasn't talked about much so it still feels uncomfortable to talk about sometimes. But I told my mother about my asexuality a few days ago and once I had explained what it is she was pretty supportive and said that she has no doubt that there have always been people like that.

I'm currently studying computer science at university and apart from that I'm interested in music (playing and listening to it), and I also enjoy doing embroidery and being active outside.

I'm very glad to have found this forum!

Hi and welcome. Even though you've been here a couple of months, you still get cake.

chocolate-cake-13.jpg

Welcome!

cx7e0ci329c21.jpg

Why do these cakes look absolutely amazing? Where have these been all my life?!

TrustTheCloak

Welcome to AVEN Neocaridina! It's lovely to meey you, and we're glad you're here!

Have some cake: 🍰

Ombre grey cake - YouTube

(https://youtu.be/r8HHCLlPumQ)

Welcome! What’s computer science like at university level? I do chemistry myself, but computer science is an interest of mine :) 

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&

Welcome!! You must be super smart because I tried to minor in computer science and (I don't know if you do these courses the same as we do in the States) I was so lost in Algorithm Implementation... Not to mention I was basically carrying my friend through that major who eventually switched lol. Anyway, I have mad respect for any comp sci people out there :) 

@Lichley I really enjoy it! It's a nice mixture of theory and practice. And I actually seriously considered studying chemistry, I think it's fascinating as well!

@JackieeMK thanks! Yeah I had to algorithmics courses as well and they sure are tricky sometimes haha

On 1/7/2021 at 12:36 PM, Neocaridina said:

@JackieeMK thanks! Yeah I had to algorithmics courses as well and they sure are tricky sometimes haha

Yeah it's also just such a complex level of thinking that I either just wasn't capable of or didn't really have time to try to achieve.. lol either way, props to you!! Btw what instruments do you play?

9 hours ago, JackieeMK said:

Btw what instruments do you play?

The bass guitar, mainly, and sometimes the harmonica, and I played the piano growing up

• 1 month later...
NickyTannock

@Neocaridina A very belated welcome to AVEN!

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so very late welcoming you, here's a "Computer Science" cake,

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5tpjvw/my_mom_made_me_a_computer_cake_for_my_birthday/

02rgrvc2oify.jpg

Neocaridina
19 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

@Neocaridina A very belated welcome to AVEN!

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so very late welcoming you, here's a "Computer Science" cake,

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5tpjvw/my_mom_made_me_a_computer_cake_for_my_birthday/

02rgrvc2oify.jpg

Welcome to AVEN! 🍰 Love your username, do you have any pet shrimp? I had a brief stint with cherry shrimp but unfortunately my water's too hard for them, they had difficulty molting 😔

GuildedGoblin

Hello, I joined earlyer this year and I finally found where to introduce my self. I'm 19( about to be 20 in November) I found out I was ace aro when I was pressured into a relationship and felt weird I actually ended up going to other girls I knew and asking them to tell me how I was supposed to feel. My family with the exception of my brother is pretty lgbtq fobic so I have not come out to them i am relly greatful for this community you all are so welcoming and accepting.

Archived