romantic vs. sexual

k_ace

Can I start a topic where people who have experienced both could please give a personal explanation of sexual attraction vs. romantic attraction in their eyes? I am truly struggling with this, and I think that differentiation will help me determine whether I am gray or full ace. I know I have had romantic crushes, and I don't believe they have ever been sexual (though I have had sex- and haven't particularly cared for it any of the times I have) but I'm feeling quite confused.

I bet not many can describe a feeling that we don't personally feel. Or even when one tries, it could be up for debate since every individual has a different definition. For example, I experience romantic attraction yet even I can't fully describe the feeling even if I tried. Its like asking what love is to someone who doesn't feel love. Everybody has their own interpretation of it and all are right in their own way because that's what they experience. But even if in this example, love is vaguely described as a chemical reaction, the whole concept is foreign and unknown to those who don't understand even when given an explanation. 

I guess to summarize everything, we probably won't ever truly understand how romantic and/or sexual attraction goes since we will never experience it.

((Off topic but I love Rock Lee too!! 😍 He is my favorite Naruto character ♥ 

Well, there are allosexuals on here. There's the entire "partners, friends, and allies" section, for one thing. And there are demis and greys who may have experienced sexual attraction at some point but still fall under the ace umbrella.

So yeah, you could. Someone already might have too, have you checked the Questions and Gray Area sections?

I am grey-a & I experience both although not as often as I would like. 
Romantic attraction for me feels like I just want to kiss, cuddle and be near that person all the time. I want to know everything about them and I want to share everything with them and even the thought of that person makes me smile and feel warm inside. I feel excited when I see them and I can’t get them out of my head when I am apart from them. I’d also like to touch the person a lot, I’d find it hard to keep my hands off them but not necessarily in a sexual way just hugging, kissing & stroking & cudding. 

I experience Sexual attraction less and have to think more about this but for me I think it has less involvement with the brain and more with the 

genitals for me.  I get a warm tickly feeling down there and all I can think about is their private parts and /or what I’d like to do with them or what I’d like them to do to mine. I might think about them naked too but not that much. I think allosexuals would be thinking about the person naked all the time and want to see them naked, I’m not so interested in this really.  
 Hope this is helpful !! 

Archived