Naiwen's personal Questions and Musings as an Aro-Ace

Naiwen

Well, it’s been hell and over that I’ve waited 3-4 months for my periods to be back on track because of changing my previous birth control pills due to it being discontinued on the market. My new birth control pills are finally kicking in for me currently in life. I couldn’t be more happier and freer than today! And according to my therapist, it’s something every woman should celebrate and not hate on or feel disgusted with. I’m celebrating my period being back to normal after discharging pink, brown and black for a few days at the end of each period for 3-4 months. My living hell and worst nightmare ever is over today and I’m celebrating my happiness and freedom today! I wish for everyone to be as happy and free as I am feeling right now, this moment in life. And hell yeah, even with my period.

11 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

And according to my therapist, it’s something every woman should celebrate and not hate on or feel disgusted with.

That sounds problematic more than anything. 

everywhere and nowhere
2 minutes ago, Naiwen said:

And according to my therapist, it’s something every woman should celebrate and not hate on or feel disgusted with.

It's my right to feel what I feel and not what others tell me to do.

Menstruation is a side effect of the reproductive system's function, which makes it useless for people who don't intend to reproduce or even to have sex. Despite this, being a woman is important to me. But I acknowledge that this meaning is probably very different than to most other women: for me femininity matters almost exclusively as a political identity. All the other ways in which it matters to some extent (and which are still very far from biology - and I'm generally not a fan of any of these: materialism, biology and gendered biology) - spiritual or "psychological" (preference for traits and personalities stereotypically considered more typical for women rather than men) - still stem from the political: from systematic discrimination which at least made the powerless develop more favourable traits than those who have more power and are often obsessed with power.

spacer.png

(The image is a screenshot from the game "Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders", a detective mystery adventure game set in medieval China. And this text very much corresponds to the way in which femininity matters to me.)

I feel agender myself, so yeah but have a gender dysphoria and have even tried to commit self-harm and suicide due to my periods not being regular, I’m speaking from a very personal perspective.

Archived