Marinette Agreste

Camping  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you all like camping?

• Yesssss!!!
    • Heck to the no!
    • Depends/other

• 2 weeks later...

I loved camping as a kid. Hiking. Swimming in the lake. Riding bicycles. Etc. 

But never really did the tent camping sort of thing. We had an rv. Started with a small one, and slowly worked our way up to a big one. 

I would HAVE to have at least a toilet and kitchen inside a small rv to go camping again these days. I don't like pit toilets, or fighting bugs while cooking/eating.

My property is a bit like camping. Or rather, glamping. I have wild nature on my hill, and literally nothing behind my property for a hundred miles. But when I'm done with mother nature, I get to go back inside my house, cook a good meal, take a long hot shower, and sleep in a warm comfy bed.

• Like 3

I haven't been camping in a few decades. When I was a kid we often went camping, in places without any amenities other than whatever you brought with you (a tent, a camp stove, maybe a lantern or flashlight, and food/drink of course). Had some good times. These days though I'd prefer more amenities, and probably at least a cabin and some electricity and indoor plumbing.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, daveb said:

I'd prefer more amenities, and probably at least a cabin and some electricity and indoor plumbing.

I'd be interested in trying out a yurt. (But only for a night or two) most state parks at least have flush toilets and showers. - even if they are public. It's better than nothing. Usually. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, korik said:

most state parks at least have flush toilets and showers

Yeah, and other people. :P 

Getting away from it all for me includes getting away from other people (other than whoever I might be camping with). :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, korik said:

...most state parks at least have flush toilets and showers. - even if they are public. It's better than nothing. Usually. 

Yep. I've only ever camped in state parks with toilets and showers, so it didn't seem that bad, to me.

I'm in awe of those who tour across the country on foot, bicycle, etc. and pitch a tent a tent in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1
Unleash the Echidnas
On 1/4/2021 at 7:49 PM, Remmirath said:

there might well be wolves around

True. People are really bad for wolves.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, daveb said:

Yeah, and other people. :P 

Getting away from it all for me includes getting away from other people (other than whoever I might be camping with). :) 

My most important thing is the hiking. So as long as there are some good trails out of the place, then I'm mostly ok. Like is said, I don't plan to be there more than a night or two anyway. Plus, if you can time it when it's Not at peak season. 

But, It's always going to depend on Who is camping near by you. 

A German comedian once said "Camping is when self-neglect is perceived as relaxation".

• Like 3
mercaesan

Hiking is just about my favorite thing in the world, and camping and hiking go together. So, I love camping because that's how to stay in a place with cool hiking without paying an arm and a leg for a hotel room.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:46 AM, PrimeJelly said:

Same 😭🤚

Same here. Having said that, I wouldn't mind trying.

Omega the Shadow

I was taken camping at least a couple times. It wasn't very fun, and I didn't see the appeal in it.