Being ace in a conservative country

bellator_05

I am an Indian and though Indians are super progressive and open- minded in other areas LGBTQAI+ is something they are still wary of

so I was wondering what it is is like identifying as ace, coming out and going about your life while living in India or other countries with not much acceptance???

Well i dont think so india is that progressive it also depends on what context are you talking abt, castism is still a problem, love marriages or intercast marriages are almost equal to commiting a crime, and there are lots of other stuff where india refuses to accept...😪😪 but when it comes to LGBTQIA+ community its very complicated to accept it for parents unlike the current generation. It is eaiser to hear from an Indian parent that they are very supportive and humanitarian towards this community, but when it comes to their own children for some reason they cannot accept it. They try to convince their child that its just a phase,etc. But yet again there are parents who are very supportive existing in india too no matter how religious they are. Also these are my personal views and opinions based on personal experiences it might not be true to all.

• 4 months later...

Hi how's it been going for you ? I'm an Indian and it sucks . I'm in my late twenties and I'm constantly pushed by my family to meet guys even though I'm not interested in relationships. I like the idea of friends and connecting and even romance upto a point but i dont feel lonely even without it. But for all the talk of being independant in decision making ,being Indian we can't undo family ties or the guilt feeling of not confirming to any gender or to being asexual . So it sucks being stuck in between.. i don't know how much longer i can pretend to be 'career oriented' .. it's honestly eating away at my peace of mind.

Archived