Beginning to explore biromantic feelings while older

Alyrian

Hey all! So I've spent the last year kinda... coming to reckon with my asexuality and I've finally gotten to the point where I've accepted it as part of myself and come out to some close friends. And it's great!

Something else I've been exploring though is whether I could be biromantic. I'm a guy and I knew I wasn't bisexual over the years because I am not at all interested in male parts, but now that I've come to terms that I'm not particularly interested in anyone's parts, I'm not sure why I wouldn't be biromantic. I've always felt way more comfortable and found it easier to make connections with guys and I'd like to be open to the possibility! I've started to kinda explore the idea of being close to a man that way mentally, and I had one particularly good experience in VR with a virtual cuddle session that left me glowing afterwards.

I guess my issue is how to approach this in a respectful way, especially as someone who's older (36). I don't want anyone to feel like they're just being used for experimentation purposes. I am up front about the fact that I'm not quite sure in my dating ads, but just curious if anyone else has any tips or suggestions! Thank y'all :3

Well, maybe just be upfront with any man you meet that you are bi-curious/experimenting?

Haha that's fair, easy problem easy solution. I think I get too in my head about this stuff sometimes :P

SpirallingSnowy

Im 38 and consider myself Biromantic as well - ive only dated men, never women. I agreee, being upfront and honest is best. I havent actually put my biromantic-ness on any fating things yet, because im concerned im going to get the same crap i get from men ( i can change your asexuality ). Its good to know im not the only one who isnt sure how about to go about this biromantic thing :)

I figured I was bi/panromantic in my mid-20s. I think if you eventually become interested in a guy, you'll know it. I agree that mentioning you're bicurious/experimenting is a good thing, but I also think you shouldn't be too worried about whether or not the relationship will work out. if it does, good, if it doesn't there can be a lot of factors that don't depend on your orientation. Good luck :) 

• 2 weeks later...
ClaryFray1984
On 1/1/2021 at 5:51 PM, Alyrian said:

Hey all! So I've spent the last year kinda... coming to reckon with my asexuality and I've finally gotten to the point where I've accepted it as part of myself and come out to some close friends. And it's great!

Something else I've been exploring though is whether I could be biromantic. I'm a guy and I knew I wasn't bisexual over the years because I am not at all interested in male parts, but now that I've come to terms that I'm not particularly interested in anyone's parts, I'm not sure why I wouldn't be biromantic. I've always felt way more comfortable and found it easier to make connections with guys and I'd like to be open to the possibility! I've started to kinda explore the idea of being close to a man that way mentally, and I had one particularly good experience in VR with a virtual cuddle session that left me glowing afterwards.

I guess my issue is how to approach this in a respectful way, especially as someone who's older (36). I don't want anyone to feel like they're just being used for experimentation purposes. I am up front about the fact that I'm not quite sure in my dating ads, but just curious if anyone else has any tips or suggestions! Thank y'all :3

I'm asking myself the same questions as a 36year old female.  Much like you I'm not sure.

Archived