New Year Resolutions

WobblyWallaby

New Year Resolutions  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Did you make new years resolutions for this year?

• HAHAHA! no.
    • Of course.
    • I don't remember
  2. 2. Did you fulfill the resolutions for this year?

• I didn't make resolutions.
    • I did everything I resolved to do
    • I did some of it...that counts right?
  3. 3. Are you going to make resolutions for next year?

• NOPE.
    • ABSOLUTLEY!
    • Maybe?
  4. 4. Do you think you will do everything on your resolution list for next year?

• Not making resolutions
    • That is the plan
    • I hope so
    • probably not.

This poll is closed to new votes

WobblyWallaby

I never make resolutions and was curious if AVEN does.

Usually not, but my resolution for 2021 I would really like to go somewhere in a car or a bus

WonkyQuadratic

To go outside? XD but honestly I’ve turned into a hermit this year and I live in the countryside. So going out would be good.

I never make New Year's resolutions. If I want to change something I just do it no matter what time of year it is.

I have a lot; not because of New Years, but rather the timing lines up. I'll be moving and hopefully setting up a lot of good new habits in the process. I've continuously made goals over the last year or so, and have been hoping to get the tools and resources to execute them, which I finally will with the move.

Last year similar thing happened (not the moving part though); I was applying to art galleries (and accepted), getting ready to sell art at markets, had an awesome client-- but then Covid kicked all of those goals and progress to the curb. So... hoping nothing huge happens again to mess with new plans again. -___- 

@Sean_Bird That sounds awesome! I moved this year and used that as a catalyst for establishing good habits, I think it worked out well. I wouldn't say it's a New Year's resolution, but I have no plans to stop doing these things on an ongoing basis, and I'm adding some more into the mix. 

13 minutes ago, Jarle said:

@Sean_Bird That sounds awesome! I moved this year and used that as a catalyst for establishing good habits, I think it worked out well. I wouldn't say it's a New Year's resolution, but I have no plans to stop doing these things on an ongoing basis, and I'm adding some more into the mix. 

Nice!!! :D

EvilChameleon

I only really made one, which was to have way less sugary drinks. Failed it less than a month into the year! 😅

So for 2021, I'm making that same resolution, but setting parameters, so three days without a sugary drink, one day with. Hopefully that will help. I'm also making a resolution to not buy any t-shirts, because I bought a ton this past year, and I need to say no to myself more often!

Grey-Ace Ventura

I don't make resolutions because I don't see why I should wait until a new year begins to start being a better person and achieving personal goals

10 hours ago, Lichley said:

2021: Stay positive and test negative 👍

Amazing way to put it :P

I don't make resolutions, I remember making them only once (I think in late year 2015 for year 2016) and I managed, but life changes too much too quickly to make plans for an entire year ahead of time.

I do have some medium-term goals for the next 2-3 years though:

• Move to a place where I can see myself staying for the long term
  • Buy a home there
  • Stay healthy and avoid mental breakdowns for as long as possible

I never make resolutions per se, but I have some goals that I'd like to accomplish in 2021. 

Well I planned to make the resolution to quit smoking cigarettes next year, but I've already made real progress with that one. I've quit cigarettes completely and converted to nicotine lozenges and occasionally vape, so the resolution for next year will be to come off them and remove nicotine almost entirely; I will still have the very occasional cigar, but no real dependance on nicotine is the goal. I would have also made a resolution to quit daily drinking but I've already done that as well - I only drink a couple on weekends.

Where's the option for "I didn't fulfill any of my resolutions"? 😅

13 hours ago, `Silver said:

Amazing way to put it

Thanks I stole it :P 

SunlitMoonlight

My new year's resolution is not to have a new year's resolution

I think they’re stupid so I’ve never done them

When I said goodbye to 1997 and hello to 1998, my New Year's Resolution was to quit drinking soda. As we speak, I am still sticking to my New Year's Resolution (I have not consumed one droplet since 1997), despite the reality that Coke is better than Pepsi.

I don't really make resolutions. Maybe I'll try budgeting better for 2021, study more... we'll see...

The common trope is that people make a resolution, agonize over it for a couple weeks or months, and break it. So I generally skip the agony and uncertainty. My resolution is always to not make a New Year's resolution. But in the act of making that resolution, I've already irredeemably broken it. Now I can forget it and move on.

Although this approach is also viable (warning: harsh language):

Spoiler

I've been split between "contact people more than every once in a while" and "try to make some creative stuff and mean it", among others. But for the most part, they would be under "try to have some trace of self-esteem and self-compassion, and not be so quick to tell people how lame I am".

Either way, I probably shouldn't try to force myself to hit the ground running on the 1st.

Waiting for NYE to make resolutions is effectively procrastinating on starting the resolution, isn't it?  Portends well for your motivation.

Needless to say, I don't do resolutions.  With that said, I hope 2021 is a significantly less shitty year than 2020!  I think we can manage that, right?  (Right??)

No resolutions, what's the point in false promises 🤣🤣

fooledbysecrecy

i can't even make resolutions for a new day let alone a whole year so no.

I have been tinkering about playing boogie woogie style piano.  I have taught boogie woogie style pieces to pupils, but not studied it as such.  I started this as a Christmas/New Year project,  but would like to keep going through the year and see how far I can get.  I have some CDs now to listen to the masters of the style, a couple of books, there has been some progress.

I tend not to, usually because I struggle to nail down something that's specific and achievable, while not being too easy.

For 2020, after several years of not making them, I decided to try completing ten short stories of a series I'm working on. At the time, I had 4 completed and multiple lying around in different states. I now have 18...so, I succeeded.

I have no idea what I'll do for 2021.

Blue eyes white dragon

I cant set goals for myself that has a deadline. I'm a very much of a "deal with whatever happens at the moment and grow at my pace" type of person. The only goal I have for 2021 is to make it through. 

Archived