Anyone else find nakedness weird?

Is anyone else uncomfortable with nudity? I don't really like to see myself naked, i always have this feeling like this isnt my body. I'm not repulsed, it just feels strange. I often feel really disconnected from my body, like i'm this soul just travelling inside this body, but it isnt really me.

I also dont like watching nudity really in movies. I prefer sex scenes where people are still wearing alot of clothing or not too much nudity is shown. I just feel weird looking at someone naked. Even with my celebrity crushes i like them better with clothes on😝 If I see a picture of my celebrity crush not wearing much in a sexy pose or something, i dont like them as much, i want them to put their clothes back on and stop acting all sexy! Its like I actually think they look "hotter" with all their clothes on.

I also dont really like touching other people's bare skin. If i hug someone i prefer to just touch their clothes. Maybe thats why i really only like to hug and kiss my cat - she has a nice soft fur coat on 😆

Anyone feel uncomfortable with nudity?

• Like 2

I don't have any discomfort with nudity generally. Going to figure drawing sessions that featured live nude models burned away all of my secondhand embarrassment, as well as any inclination to see nudity as inherently sexual. If anything, nowadays I find nude figures kind of fascinating from an engineering standpoint. I also don't have any problem touching someone's bare skin as long as they're someone I know, and/or it makes sense in context.

That being said, I would be deeply uncomfortable being naked in front of another person unless we were in a relationship and I fully trusted that they wouldn't interpret my nudity in a sexual light.

• Like 2

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with my own nudity and quite a bit averse to the touch when nude(ish). However, I do enjoy looking at nude bodies of women, from strictly aesthetic perspective. I can understand all those artists that chose nude as their main topic of their work.

1 minute ago, SocialMorays said:

fully trusted that they wouldn't interpret my nudity in a sexual light.

That. That right there is the key for me.

In nonsexual contexts (swimming pool showers, changing rooms, etc) I'm completely "meh" about nudity. I don't mind changing in front of people, I've seen my share of naked bodies and honestly I couldn't care less. Seeing a naked human isn't much different to seeing an animal.

• Like 5
TrustTheCloak

Yeah, nudity is very uncomfortable for me.

It is less awkward when looking at paintings, especially older ones, but it is still quite "ehhhhh". 

I don't love it, but I'll be okay with it from a purely non-sexal point of veiw. Like a human figure drawing class/study.

• Like 1

I'm indifferent about other people being naked in non-sexual contexts. It just doesn't bother me enough to think about it really.

When it comes to myself, I don't find it weird, but I can't say I spend a lot of time being naked either. 

• Like 1

I'm probably only mildly uncomfortable with it, I find people more attractive with clothes on than without, but it makes me much more uncomfortable if they're also doing 'sexy' things. If it's just someone standing there naked I probably wouldn't care much either way. (though most of this is hypothetical since i don't really see naked people in my day-to-day life)

• Like 1

Fair point that's come up - I do aesthetically prefer clothed human bodies to unclothed ones. Them things were invented for reasons, and warmth is only one of them.

• Like 2

I find the human form strange to look at and feel disconnected from my body.

• Like 2
Obsessed_With_Dragons

Even when it isn't sexual, I find it really weird.

Blue eyes white dragon

I can appreciate a good looking naked body from a purely aesthetic and artistic perspective. Sometimes I'm very uncomfortable with it other times I'm ok. I'm weirded out by mine. I agree that I think people look better with clothes that work with them well.

• Like 2

I've always been that way. I chalk it up to my nature as a storyteller. You can come up with an interesting story with a costume but nudity not so much. It's always been a mood killer for me. 

• Like 1

I don't find nakedness weird. The earliest humans lived naked, as do the other primates.

What I do find weird, is the concept of putting a penis inside a vagina for the fun of it.

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

I'm extremely nudity-averse and I want to add one important thing, since this issue comes up in other posts, but in a different perspective: for me it has nothing to do with sexualisation of nudity. I became nudity-averse already before puberty, it had nothing to do with sex.

My nudity aversion is exceptionless: I refuse to undress in anyone's presence, under any circumstances. This is also the most important reason for my sex aversion and my upfront reservation that I would never "compromise" on sex. (But why should anyone? People simply shouldn't have unwanted sex and the rights of the person who doesn't want to have sex always have priority before the rights of the person who would just like to have sex.) At least, I accept myself as I am and refuse to consider my nudity aversion something pathological. People are diverse, more diverse that what science is willing to acknowledge as "normal variance", and shouldn't be forced to change who they are for the society - no, it's the society who should move over and create more place for all the more sensitive people.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JMSH said:

People are a lot fitter with clothes on, give me a woolly jumper over flesh any day.

Yes i just find people more attractive with clothes on. Naked bodies just dont attract me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TrustTheCloak said:

Yeah, nudity is very uncomfortable for me.

It is less awkward when looking at paintings, especially older ones, but it is still quite "ehhhhh". 

I don't love it, but I'll be okay with it from a purely non-sexal point of veiw. Like a human figure drawing class/study.

Yeah i think in one of those older paintings its a bit different. They're usually artistically posed, and painted to look nice, and not so realistic somehow. Different in a photo or real life

26 minutes ago, RobL2415 said:

I don't find nakedness weird. The earliest humans lived naked, as do the other primates.

Well just because primates and primitive humans walked around naked doesnt mean i want to! I think our brains and consciousness have evolved to think differently about things.

28 minutes ago, RobL2415 said:

What I do find weird, is the concept of putting a penis inside a vagina for the fun of it.

It sounds so gross when you say it like that😝🤮 Yep i find that weird too. 

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

Like nor dislike for me, I'm usually comfortable with Nudity in privacy.  Had to be honestly with the big changes with health and weight, including the personal Gender question.

19 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

'm extremely nudity-averse and I want to add one important thing, since this issue comes up in other posts, but in a different perspective: for me it has nothing to do with sexualisation of nudity. I became nudity-averse already before puberty, it had nothing to do with sex.

Yes for me i dont think its just the sex part of nudity that makes me uncomfortable. I just find naked bodies to be kind of weird and not very appealing. Even if i have a crush on someone or think they're good looking, i dont want to see them naked or in underwear, i find them more attractive with clothes on. But obviously lots of people feel different since magazines and videos with naked people in them are so popular ?? 🤔

Nudity is slightly uncomfortable to me, but I feel like I've always been wayyy more uncomfortable with myself being nude or even revealing much. I've never worn a bikini or gotten close to it for bathing suits, and took a while to be willing to wear short-shorts. Recently I've somehow become slightly uncomfortable with wearing short sleeves in public, or not having my arms covered. It could be because I'm used to the comfort of jackets/hoodies in a mostly cold place. For others, I've kind of been conditioned to not have a huge reaction to it. It's a bit uncomfortable but my mindset is more "really why can't you just put clothes on? I didn't really need/want to see your body".

Art of Matt Eldritch

I find myself leaning to both camps. I don't mind nudity too much, I find many people aesthetically attractive and I like seeing unique looking nude bodies. I'm fond of nudism because it's helped me with my own body issues (though I've only done so in my own home) and I plan on having casual nudity in the webcomic I'm making. But I can also understand that people can find the nude body unappealing or gross. I'm not too fond of depictions of genitals since I find them kinda gross to look at.

2 hours ago, Acerna said:

Nudity is slightly uncomfortable to me, but I feel like I've always been wayyy more uncomfortable with myself being nude or even revealing much. I've never worn a bikini or gotten close to it for bathing suits, and took a while to be willing to wear short-shorts. Recently I've somehow become slightly uncomfortable with wearing short sleeves in public, or not having my arms covered. It could be because I'm used to the comfort of jackets/hoodies in a mostly cold place. F

Same. I always cover up as much as possible. I mean there's nothing wrong with my body, i'm still youngish, slimmish, nothing out of the ordinary - but still i feel better not showing alot of skin. At the beach i wear shorts and a top thats meant to be for doing sports.

I have a skin condition on my face which effects my self esteem alot, but it hardly effects any other parts of my body so you'd think i'd want to show more of my body skin 🤔 But i just feel uncomfortable, sorta naked when i wear revealing  clothes. I never wear strappy low cut dresses/low cut tops either. I like shirts that go right up to my neck and cover all my back. And no really short shorts/skirts, must come past the knee 😁 I find the really long "hippy" style skirts are good in summer because they're airy and dont make me  too hot, but still cover all my legs.

• Like 1

I'm not real keen on nudity, especially other people's. Like it's less of a deal like in locker rooms, but I just ignore it. Honestly I think people are more attractive wearing clothes and don't really understand the aesthetic appeal of nudity. I'm not grossed out so much since I have a pretty high tolerance to bodily functions working with farm animals, but just uncomfortable with human nudity.

I also prefer to dress somewhat modestly. I don't like crop tops or bikinis. Just this summer I bought my first tank-kini bathing suit rather than a one piece. Although tempted when it's stupid hot out I won't just wear a sports bra. I'm slightly less squeamish about short shorts than I was and will wear them when it's really hot, but no booty shorts. And most of my dresses are mid thigh length and I'm not into showing off cleavage.

everywhere and nowhere
9 hours ago, KayleeK said:

But i just feel uncomfortable, sorta naked when i wear revealing  clothes. I never wear strappy low cut dresses/low cut tops either. I like shirts that go right up to my neck and cover all my back. And no really short shorts/skirts, must come past the knee 😁 I find the really long "hippy" style skirts are good in summer because they're airy and dont make me  too hot, but still cover all my legs.

Similar for me. Except that... well, I love the hippie style and I find long skirts amazingly beautiful, yet something feels odd about them. I always have more reasons not to wear skirts - for example, I can't find the right shirt for it, or I just don't like looking too feminine, don't want to be considered heterosexual... So I prefer long pants all year long.

I won't show my legs above the lower 1/4 because I have varicose veins and I don't want them to be visible. But I sometimes make one exception from my long pants rule. I have a pair of 3/4-length jeans and really, honestly - the only reason why I wear them is to shock people with the sight of unshaved female legs. :twisted:

I don't feel fully comfortable in them, but I can tolerate it just for the non-conformist pleasure of making people aware that rebellious women exist. :twisted: And I really kinda enjoy the feeling of wind in my leg hair. :P

Artistbikerfarmer

I don't have a problem with nakedness, apart from it's cold🥶

• Like 2

Hm.

When it's a necessity, it's not a big deal (doctors, communal showers...). When it's nudity around friends, that's definitely okay as well. These people know much more intimate stuff about me, so it wouldn't make a difference. I don't like pointless nudity though. Wouldn't open the door for the postman in my birthday suit and also wouldn't run around the block naked just for the heck of it.

I don't really think about the attractiveness factor, but more about the comfort factor. I'm a potato so nobody wins by seeing me naked, but when friends are comfortable being naked around me, that's really nice. Doesn't even have to be nudity in the classic sense - I do have a friend who basically never leaves the house without make-up. It helps her skin and it also serves as some kind of "shield" and "protection against the outside world". When she stopped having to wear make-up around me, you better believe that this was a huge deal for me.

5 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I have a pair of 3/4-length jeans and really, honestly - the only reason why I wear them is to shock people with the sight of unshaved female legs. :twisted:

Ha ha 😝 yeah i dont bother shaving my legs either, i just can't stand the feel of the razor against my skin it creeps me out, the only thing i can tolerate is this hair removal cream which i tried a couple of times  usually can't be bothered though. But my hair is blonde so you dont actually notice it very much anyway