Strong Aesthetic Attraction

rosetheace

Oh my gosh. Aesthetic attraction can be so strong sometimes. I get so over the moon about whoever I’m feeling aesthetic attraction to. Lol.

44 minutes ago, rosetheace said:

Oh my gosh. Aesthetic attraction can be so strong sometimes. I get so over the moon about whoever I’m feeling aesthetic attraction to. Lol.

Aesthetic attraction is fun, but for me it never evolved into something more, like having a serious crush. I just like staring at some cute boys. Maybe girls, too. And thats all. What a good feeling to not be in a relationship :d

Some people really are beautiful.

Occasionally, looking at those kind of people (be it fictional or not) feels like such a blessing or even a cure during bad times. Obviously, they don't solve my problems. But at least they can make you happy for a moment.

I get aesthetic attraction w/ fictional characters.  Everyone looks so pretty in Kingdom Hearts III 🥺 Riku is my favorite.

2 hours ago, rosetheace said:

It took me ages to work out I’m ace as I feel aesthetic attraction so intensely 😊

4 hours ago, SenAlkazar said:

I get aesthetic attraction w/ fictional characters.  Everyone looks so pretty in Kingdom Hearts III 🥺 Riku is my favorite.

Most of my aesthetic crushes are from cartoons :3

I too find that I experienced strong aesthetic attraction, some of my closest friends are women and they are beautiful, absolute stunners, I noticed that they have beautiful eyes, smiles, I don't experience attraction so much to womens figures, I'm not a breast, butt or leg type, it's mainly a cheerful smile and eyes that I tend to find attractive in a woman, an added bonus is a beautiful personality to match the looks

8 hours ago, Iam9man said:

It took me ages to work out I’m ace as I feel aesthetic attraction so intensely 😊

Aesthetic and sensual were definitely confusing barriers for me as well. Took some introspection, and time away from someone constantly calling me a "slut" (not that I had much sex, just very receptive to being touched), to dissect the feelings and realize I liked looking, and wanted to touch/be touched, but had no urge to have sex with.

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2020 at 1:36 AM, rosetheace said:

Same. I get obsessed with them lol.

Ok but have you ever seen N from Pokémon Black and White? HRNGH SO BEAUTIFUL.

Spoiler

spacer.png

When I feel aesthetically attracted to something or someone, I have a desire to cuddle with it/them, (if it's a human being, and they are okay with that of course), maybe touch their hair, and definitely talk to it/the person. TO a lot of alloromantic people, I'm sure that looks like having a crush..

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2020 at 12:41 PM, Exploring said:

Aesthetic and sensual were definitely confusing barriers for me as well. Took some introspection, and time away from someone constantly calling me a "slut" (not that I had much sex, just very receptive to being touched), to dissect the feelings and realize I liked looking, and wanted to touch/be touched, but had no urge to have sex with.

Saaaame. I was so confused by that for a bit, but I also think worried people wouldn't think that was real? I worried even people in the ace community would think I didn't fit in. (And I'm sure some people still do, were a very diverse group.) But I'm happy to say I'm just an asexual who thinks Jason Momoa is a GOD of a person and wants to play mini golf with him. 😁

On 2/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, LittlestAce said:

But I'm happy to say I'm just an asexual who thinks Jason Momoa is a GOD of a person and wants to play mini golf with him

Wants to play mini golf with him lmao! Perfect. 

Yeah, the combo of aesthetic and sensual attraction is really strange to differentiate at first!! It had me confused until recently. Like, am I really aromantic? Or is this what romantic attraction is?? But no, I’m sure it’s sensual lol 

My very strong aesthetic attraction to women of all ages, is the one thing about my identity that I'm conflicted about (as per my posts elsewhere). Being aro and ace doesn't bother me in the least. It would make more sense (in my mind) if I didn't have it making for the perfect trifecta.

I mean, I dont want a girlfriend or have sex with the opposite gender so why do I find certain ones attractive as (fill in the blank)?

Phoebe Gold
On 3/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, will123 said:

My very strong aesthetic attraction to women of all ages, is the one thing about my identity that I'm conflicted about (as per my posts elsewhere). Being aro and ace doesn't bother me in the least. It would make more sense (in my mind) if I didn't have it making for the perfect trifecta.

I mean, I dont want a girlfriend or have sex with the opposite gender so why do I find certain ones attractive as (fill in the blank)?

It’s natural to find someone beautiful or attractive without wanting to do anything with them or be with them since people are naturally attracted to something they find beautiful one way or another. It’s as if you’re looking at a piece of art: you find it beautiful/attractive, and are drawn to it and/or want to look at it more, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you want to do anything else... you’re just admiring it’s beauty. It’s natural to admire beautiful things/things that we find pleasing to the eyes, it’s just another human thing

Archived