conflicted

MattMercury13

MattMercury13

Hello everyone, I know this doesn't rally fit in that category but i didn't knew where to put it. So i identify as ace (that's why i am here lol), but i have a friend that might be too (based on what they told me). I know they are not really judgmental but do i bring this topic up? Like maybe it could help them? i am kinda lost.... What should I do? 

MattMercury13
26 minutes ago, alto said:

Maybe bring them here?

I will try thanks :]

I think it depends on what are their likes and dislikes. I have a friend whom I think is ace as well, but I don't think it would be a good idea to mention it to her, since asexuality is part of the LGBTQIA+ community and she doesn't like it so much, because of some religious views... so I think it would be good to think beforehand if she were to be dismissive about some stuffs related to asexuality or not. And maybe it would be a good idea to talk from your experience (if you are okay with coming out to her), and not point out that you think she may be asexual as well. Just describe it to her and let herself decide if she is ace or not. Good luck!

MattMercury13
10 hours ago, Georgi said:

I think it depends on what are their likes and dislikes. I have a friend whom I think is ace as well, but I don't think it would be a good idea to mention it to her, since asexuality is part of the LGBTQIA+ community and she doesn't like it so much, because of some religious views... so I think it would be good to think beforehand if she were to be dismissive about some stuffs related to asexuality or not. And maybe it would be a good idea to talk from your experience (if you are okay with coming out to her), and not point out that you think she may be asexual as well. Just describe it to her and let herself decide if she is ace or not. Good luck!

First of thank you and I am pretty sure she would be ok with it but I am still kinda scared to come out because it’s still ‘knew’ for me so I just have to find a way to do It without ‘telling too much’ :]

9 hours ago, Pau28 said:

First of thank you and I am pretty sure she would be ok with it but I am still kinda scared to come out because it’s still ‘knew’ for me so I just have to find a way to do It without ‘telling too much’ :]

Yes, I understand. I am not out to many people too, and I am afraid of outing myself when bringing up asexuality when it could benefit to the conversation. The  best you could do is just maybe telling her that you have discovered this sexuality (or more sexualities) that you find really interesting and could start describing them to her and see if she were to react to any piece of information, but without talking about from experience. More like something interested you have discovered and wanted to share with her.

MattMercury13

Yeah that’s what I did thanks! And I also didn’t out myself which is a good point :]

Archived