Odd reaction to arousal?

Crystallux

So assuming what I'm feeling is arousal, does anyone else react to it with irritation and annoyance? I have a desire to get it to stop but not in the normal manner, I want it to just go away. I've even gotten frustrated to the point of anger, and I'm not sure what to do about it since I have no desire to deal with it the way you're supposed to. I can't really avoid what causes it either, unless I want to really change my reading habits. So yea anyone deal with this kind of thing?

15 minutes ago, Crystallux said:

So assuming what I'm feeling is arousal, does anyone else react to it with irritation and annoyance? I have a desire to get it to stop but not in the normal manner, I want it to just go away. I've even gotten frustrated to the point of anger, and I'm not sure what to do about it since I have no desire to deal with it the way you're supposed to. I can't really avoid what causes it either, unless I want to really change my reading habits. So yea anyone deal with this kind of thing?

Yeah I know what you mean Crystallux. I do get aroused from time to time and every time it happens I react with anger because I don't want it. I also have no desire to deal with it in a normal way either. I can't tell you how to stop it because even when I'm doing nothing sometimes i can get aroused and its so irritating. Your definitely not alone with this.

I definitely get that. Sometimes if I have time I can enjoy it. Others it just picks the wrong, or even an inappropriate time to "cycle" (no trigger, it just seems to do it's thing at various times of the day without any cause or stimulation). When you are busy, it can be like someone tugging at your shirt asking for your attention. Just irritating enough that it breaks your concentration, but not really something you want to stop and deal with. I wish I could just put it on a schedule to deal with at a specific time, but it's not predictable enough.

Worst was when I was with my ex, she assumed if I was showing visible signs of arousal it meant I wanted sex. She sometimes got offended when I wanted to finish my work beforehand, or just didn't feel like doing that. That, and waking up in the middle of the night to find her using the aroused state. Because, hey, your a guy, guys love it when women wake them with sex. I'm an insomniac, I don't like anything interrupting my sleep.

1 minute ago, Exploring said:

I definitely get that. Sometimes if I have time I can enjoy it. Others it just picks the wrong, or even an inappropriate time to "cycle" (no trigger, it just seems to do it's thing at various times of the day without any cause or stimulation). When you are busy, it can be like someone tugging at your shirt asking for your attention. Just irritating enough that it breaks your concentration, but not really something you want to stop and deal with. I wish I could just put it on a schedule to deal with at a specific time, but it's not predictable enough.

Worst was when I was with my ex, she assumed if I was showing visible signs of arousal it meant I wanted sex. She sometimes got offended when I wanted to finish my work beforehand, or just didn't feel like doing that. That, and waking up in the middle of the night to find her using the aroused state. Because, hey, your a guy, guys love it when women wake them with sex. I'm an insomniac, I don't like anything interrupting my sleep.

What your ex did sounds really wrong, I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. For me I never want to deal with it, but I agree if I did I'd want a nice clean schedule! It's too bad we can't control our bodies like a weird human computer to only do what we want it too. I don't think mine is like someone trying to get my attention because it doesn't break my concentration (and I get distracted easily so that's saying something) it's more like an ache, but not painful just annoying is the only way to describe it. I know I've read that it's like your body wanting to "take the pressure off" with sexual acts of whatever kind being that release, but the few times I've tried any form of self pleasure nothing happens it's as unexciting as touching any other part of my body. So I'm stuck waiting it out, which gets bothersome when I'm reading since that's mostly when it happens. I don't want to just up and quit what I'm enjoying you know, kinda like you said with wanting to get things done instead of dealing with it.

Archived