61 members have voted

1. 1. I get offended easily.

• True
    • False
  2. 2. Check what offends you.

• Slurs
    • Political incorrectness
    • Social abnormalities or behavior
    • "Improper" use of language: grammar mistakes, pronunciation errors, spelling...
    • None of the above.
  3. 3. People get offended too often.

• I agree.
    • I disagree.

It's really hard to offend me, but if someone starts to teach me what I should do in my life, and gets really annoying, there's a chance to offend me.

a little annihilation

I don't get offended or mad or visibly upset very much, but something I find deeply upsetting and offensive is how people wanna talk to someone purely based on good looks solely for the purpose of being sexually satisfied by them

SorryNotSorry

I don't feel offended by other people's horrible grammar and/or spelling. Instead, I enjoy poking fun at it by reading it aloud in my Cookie Monster voice. Other people just don't see what I find so funny about this.

Re feeling offended... it's been 12 years since my buddy and I videoed me portraying Misterprude, a character I made up who not only feels offended by swear words on the TV or radio, he suffers sudden chest pains on hearing them, grabs his chest, yells in agony, and tries to find someone he can complain to. The funny thing is, there really are people like Misterprude in real life. One watched my little dramatization and felt rudely insulted by it. I was like, good!!!

I'm thinking of reviving my Misterprude character and making videos of him bawling and blubbering about every little thing he doesn't like. Which is most things.

• 1 month later...

I don't take much offense. I think the last time was when I was watching a video about peoples' opinions on gay marriage in a country where it wasn't legalized yet. I came in with the mentality that I would accept any reason that anybody gave for or against, whether derogatory or not. I managed pretty well too but I wasn't prepared for one dude who didn't give a reason, but scoffed and called gay people disgusting.

hypnopompic
On 4/6/2021 at 3:14 AM, Auggie123 said:

I don't take much offense. I think the last time was when I was watching a video about peoples' opinions on gay marriage in a country where it wasn't legalized yet. I came in with the mentality that I would accept any reason that anybody gave for or against, whether derogatory or not. I managed pretty well too but I wasn't prepared for one dude who didn't give a reason, but scoffed and called gay people disgusting.

Same, man! I'm not easily offended and I enjoy a good, fact-based argument but when people just give their (sometimes absurd) opinion without being able to back it up, it just annoys me to no end. The last time I actually lost my cool was when one of my student"contributed" to a discussion about love and sexuality with the comment "All homosexuals are sick and should seek treatment". We all thought he was joking at first but then we realised he was dead serious. Needless to say, the discussion was far from over.

The 2 main things that will always offend people is:

1: existing

2: having an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Improper grammar, spelling, etc. irks me and is definitely a pet peeve of mine, but I wouldn't say it offends me unless someone repeatedly, intentionally continues to make these errors. 

2 hours ago, SithLord said:

Improper grammar, spelling, etc. irks me and is definitely a pet peeve of mine, but I wouldn't say it offends me unless someone repeatedly, intentionally continues to make these errors. 

Even worse, for me, is when I make such mistakes (especially when I don't notice until someone else quotes it). :P 

Archived