Face recognition

Sylvestra

Can you remember faces easily?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How hard/easy is it for you to remember faces?

• Impossible (People basically look all alike)
    • Hard (If a TV series has three blonde women, it takes me half the first season to know who is who.)
    • Average (TV series seem to be geared to my abilities. Sometimes, I don't recognize someone in real life.)
    • Easy (I don't see what the problem is, every face is completely different.)

This poll is closed to new votes

not face blind, but it takes me awhile to notice the different features in people who look similar

I have trouble remembering names, but I'm pretty good with recognizing faces; I'm always catching actors in other, small roles, and almost instantly being like OOOHHEY I KNOW THAT PERSON; THEY WERE IN THE THING!!

I had to take a battery of tests for IQ testing in school.  One of the tests involved me looking at a lot of photos of faces and identifying which I had just been shown.

I scored in the bottom second percentile 😬

I don't have prosopagnosia, but it's definitely hard for me to remember faces.  I'm not good at names, either.  I've gotten pretty good at pretending to know people who somehow know me from somewhere.

• 3 months later...

I recognize people in real life, while some characters in a series or movie can really be hard to differenciate

• 1 month later...

It can be difficult to recognize people by their faces (in "real life" or in movies and shows), but I can often figure it out by voice or hair.

I have a very hard time remembering faces and names, IRL or with movie characters. I do better with subtitles for shows, but I constantly lose track of faces. With celebrities, too.

GingerRose

I pride myself on my TV/film actor recognition.

Hard to impossible😔

I often mistake people for someone else or have trouble recognising them after they change their haircut or outfit style. Sometimes I even have no idea who I am talking to and why this person knows me

• 6 months later...

@Sylvestra

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived