Covid-19 is Waging War on the Little Guy.

Lord Jade Cross
7 minutes ago, Phalena said:

True (more or less), viruses aren't really complicated in their composition. The difference is just that a rich person is more likely to not only seek but actually get help. And actual help. Beyond that they are much more likely to have resources that help them get through these times more easily without being endangered by the virus itself or the impact the measurements have on economy.

Exactly. Take that lunatic at the whitehouse. He got it, then went on and on about how he "beat it", but no one dares mention the amount of medications and lenghts gone to, to get it just so he could stand on a podium and self proclaim himself like some sort of god while everyone else below him or his status was not granted that same treatment. 

4 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Exactly. Take that lunatic at the whitehouse. He got it, then went on and on about how he "beat it", but no one dares mention the amount of medications and lenghts gone to, to get it just so he could stand on a podium and self proclaim himself like some sort of God while everyone else below him or his status was not granted that same treatment.

Nobody really dared mention it? In our state-run television it almost got an entire report. Just the treatment he received! The outcry was big but at the same time nobody was actually surprised...

Lord Jade Cross
1 minute ago, Phalena said:

Nobody really dared mention it? In our state-run television it almost got an entire report. Just the treatment he received! The outcry was big but at the same time nobody was actually surprised...

Did they specify the name of the treatment, cost and the personal carrying out the process? Because all I saw here (granted I don't bother to see news much nowadays) was him making anspeech about he was untouchable even by the virus. Also the talk about a vaccine for the end of the year and I've seen these rushed cases of vaccine before. They are never what they seem

1 minute ago, Jade Cross said:

Did they specify the name of the treatment, cost and the personal carrying out the process? Because all I saw here (granted I don't bother to see news much nowadays) was him making anspeech about he was untouchable even by the virus. Also the talk about a vaccine for the end of the year and I've seen these rushed cases of vaccine before. They are never what they seem

Yes. Yes they did! (Except for name-dropping) Oh my gosh...

@Perspektiv, I guess you must be in the high-danger part of southern Ontario that's gone back into lockdown.  That sucks.

I agree that allowing only big-box stores to remain open is stupid.  Either all non-essential businesses should be shut down regardless of size, or all businesses should be allowed to remain open as long as they take reasonable precautions, which should be the same for all sizes of business.  If that means only allowing one customer into a store at a time, so be it—that's still better than a total shutdown.  (Oh, and liquor stores are not essential businesses.)  Anything else is just plain unjust.

Part of the general problem is sheer urban density.  It's easier for people up where I am to respect social distancing:  everything's well-spread-out, most people (even many of the poorer ones) live in houses rather than apartments, there are large wilderness recreation areas nearby, and so on.  We've had less than ten active COVID cases at a time through the entire pandemic, in a city of 50000 (although part of that is just luck—the tiny, remote town of Cochrane, Ontario had a dozen cases pop up at the beginning of the pandemic because some idiot snowbird who walked into a car dealership had brought COVID back from Florida).

A city like Toronto, on the other hand, packs as many people as it can into as little land area as possible.  It's inevitable that they're going to be rubbing elbows.  That means that much more stringent precautions have to be taken to limit disease spread.  I'm tempted to suggest mandatory glove-wearing in public places, but I'm not sure how much more that would help.

One thing that might come out of what's going on right now and help in future pandemics is an increase in employers allowing people to work from home when feasible.  If people don't need to go to the office, they don't need to live close to the office.  If they don't need to live close to the office, they can move to a less-populated area where they won't be rubbing elbows quite as much.  Housing prices and disease spread would both go down.  However, that's no help right now.

(Also, I wouldn't get on an airplane right now no matter where it was going.  They're hermetically sealed germ cans at the best of times.  Hong Kong, on the other hand, is probably no less safe COVID-wise than any other highly populated area, and safer than most of the US.)

2 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Is it available to everyone?

I'd have to see if I find it but I remember clearly how they emphasized the fact that he got an entire "appartement" just for himself.

15 minutes ago, ElloryJaye said:

I guess you must be in the high-danger part of southern Ontario that's gone back into lockdown.  That sucks.

Am a lucky few with a billionaire owner, who could bully the government with their legal team to remain open. 

Our business hasn't had a single infection. We follow all protocols and then some for safety. 

Can't go in detail, but we put pressure on local representatives and got heard and released from the shut down measures.

Most won't have that kind of money. 

For us the hundreds of thousands it could cost, will be worth the millions the business makes any day of the week.

30 minutes ago, ElloryJaye said:

(Also, I wouldn't get on an airplane right now no matter where it was going.  They're hermetically sealed germ cans at the best of times.  Hong Kong, on the other hand, is probably no less safe COVID-wise than any other highly populated area, and safer than most of the US.)

Aircraft have great HEPA filters. Main reason you could contain spread in a hospital if measures are taken. 

Being in a walmart that is poorly ventilated but only has 20 people inside would be riskier. 

Hong Kong now is a write off since the government crack down as if am from mainland China, it is so easy to get in. 

That slight switch has made cases skyrocket. They had it down to a science before. 

Taiwan is another example. Plan for these events. Prevent and prepare, and you will be calm and collected when they do happen. 

2 hours ago, Phalena said:

True (more or less), viruses aren't really complicated in their composition. The difference is just that a rich person is more likely to not only seek but actually get help. And actual help. Beyond that they are much more likely to have resources that help them get through these times more easily without being endangered by the virus itself or the impact the measurements have on economy.

Exactly. They are all sociological and psychological reasons why the rich have a position of priviledge. What you describe is not necessarily unique to the virus but could be the same for other 'mishaps' in the world.

Yeah, honestly that's why "We're all in this together" angers me so much. Like no, hell no. We're not in this together. For some it's just a mild inconvenience, while others have to fight for their lives.

9 hours ago, Phalena said:

I completely agree. I had covid in August and it crippled me in a sense and opened my eyes to a very huge problem that I needed to fix. I have had very little contact with people since and it has given me some much needed time to focus on myself. I simply can't blame the virus for the ignorance people have displayed during this event. There are some nations that have been exemplary in their care for their citizens and then there's the US. Most of the people here would rather go out to eat or shopping than secure the well being of the general public health. When this all started, I was helping deliver food to elderly people and most of them were so scared that they would get sick and no one would even try to help them. I was overwhelmed by the grief of seeing some of them get sick. I saw very nice people's lives get ruined overnight. I could no longer handle the deep sadness growing inside myself and had to quit in June. Most healthcare employees are tired and filled with grief over the suffering they have had to witness. Some people however do not care about anyone but themselves and that was when I realized we were not really fighting a virus but a legion of antagonists and the deniers of truth. That is why resources are exhausted and the minorities are suffering the heaviest tolls due to it. It is all about disgusting human greed and convenience. It is not the virus' fault for exploiting a human weakness. The worst part is the people that get affected the worst are most often the ones that were trying to do the right thing.

10 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

Is it available to everyone?

I have had the displeasure of watching more news in America than I would care to ever endure and all I ever saw them say was that there was some kind of cocktail they made that fought the symptoms and he got a boost of antibodies to assist in restoring his health. He most likely was still highly contagious when he decided to give himself the all clear and has been a terrible example of leadership or for that matter... humanity in general. I have only heard of people in his administration getting that treatment. I sincerely doubt that healthcare workers will get the vaccine before government officials do. 

I don't understand why there are no directives in place to commandeer big establishments such as Walmart with the intention of having supplies portioned for households depending on the numbers living in each household and either delivered directly by the military or at designated pick up zones. If I can think of it, you know some egg head at the top can. That tells me they never intended on truly protecting the public. Instead of mass purchasing and shortages of basic household goods for so many people they could have easily had a plan to ensure all people got the basics for a few weeks and saved almost all of the lives that have been lost. I never saw Walmart parking lots as full as the month following the "essential services only plan". We all pay these people and they are sacrificing us and our loved ones for profit margins and lobbyists. That would have gone a lot farther for the well being of people than a one time payment of $1200. In the end, we all have to pay that back and most people went to the stores and bought garbage with that money. Some were responsible but, most people could not begin to fathom the depth of the situation this neglect is causing or it's longevity. 

humanitarianism-quotes-7.jpg

On 11/26/2020 at 12:29 AM, Abigail Rose said:

I sincerely doubt that healthcare workers will get the vaccine before government officials do. 

I sadly agree with you on that. 

It would make most sense to protect the Healthcare workers and elderly first. Work your way down that list once you protect those in most desperate need of it, handing a severe blow to the staggering death tolls. 

But in my country, our prime minister scolded Canadians for not staying home and apart, yet he visited his parents at his cottage in another province. 

Nancy Pelosi scolded so many for endangering others, yet went to her hairdresser at a lock down point in her country. 

So many cases of do as I say, not as I do. I don't see that mindset changing once vaccines get doled out. 

We've licensed a vaccine here, so distribution should start next week 

4 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

So many cases of do as I say, not as I do. I don't see that mindset changing once vaccines get doled out. 

This is the nature of so called "leadership". I could care less if I am even offered the vaccine. To be honest, it has been rushed and the companies making it are being pressured by it's CEO's to pull of a miracle for profit. I'm good on being the victim of that disaster. Thanks

Lord Jade Cross
On 11/26/2020 at 1:53 AM, Abigail Rose said:

I don't understand why there are no directives in place to commandeer big establishments such as Walmart with the intention of having supplies portioned for households depending on the numbers living in each household and either delivered directly by the military or at designated pick up zones. If I can think of it, you know some egg head at the top can. That tells me they never intended on truly protecting the public. Instead of mass purchasing and shortages of basic household goods for so many people they could have easily had a plan to ensure all people got the basics for a few weeks and saved almost all of the lives that have been lost. I never saw Walmart parking lots as full as the month following the "essential services only plan". We all pay these people and they are sacrificing us and our loved ones for profit margins and lobbyists. That would have gone a lot farther for the well being of people than a one time payment of $1200. In the end, we all have to pay that back and most people went to the stores and bought garbage with that money. Some were responsible but, most people could not begin to fathom the depth of the situation this neglect is causing or it's longevity. 

humanitarianism-quotes-7.jpg

Because this isn't anything new. Businesses will look for a profit at basically any cost. That's why large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Moderna and others are pushing for emergency consideration from the FDA. But the emergency isn't to help the people, it isn't to stop the spread of the disease, it isn't to prevent any further deaths because of it, it's simply to rank in the insane amounts of profits being the "first vaccine againts covid to hit the market" If nothing else, out of sheer desperation, people will pay anything for it. And the biggest gag will likely be, that the vaccine will either not have any real lasting effect, or, it will actually make things worse. Of course, pharmaceuticals will be exempt from most, if not all punishment for it.

29 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

Because this isn't anything new. Businesses will look for a profit at basically any cost. That's why large pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Moderna and others are pushing for emergency consideration from the FDA. But the emergency isn't to help the people, it isn't to stop the spread of the disease, it isn't to prevent any further deaths because of it, it's simply to rank in the insane amounts of profits being the "first vaccine againts covid to hit the market" If nothing else, out of sheer desperation, people will pay anything for it. And the biggest gag will likely be, that the vaccine will either not have any real lasting effect, or, it will actually make things worse. Of course, pharmaceuticals will be exempt from most, if not all punishment for it.

I 100% agree with this Jade. All too often we are ruled by the wealth seekers and we pay up out of desperation and fear. Wouldn't it be great if, for once, we all told the rich folks to cram it and we aren't buying the shite they are serving any longer. There is absolutely no way this process goes smooth. There are way to many variables and the money hungry are ready to feast on us at any cost. There will be a shortage of product before twenty percent of the general public can even try to get it. That will lead to improper mixes of the drug making it into public hands, a mistake they already admitted to once. By the time they see the new side effects, from their rush job of a vaccine, it will be too late for the people that have already received it. Good thing that's all the healthcare workers and elderly first. There has never been, in the history of pandemics we have endured, a vaccine that was effective within one year. In general is has taken a decade or more to make an effective drug and administer it successfully across the globe.

So, while some readers of this post may be thinking Abi's lost her bloody mind and become some twisted hate monger, remember this. At $50 per person, which is what they are estimating will be the final cost after both injections, and the U.S. having a rough 330,000,000 people the vaccine makers stand to make just shy of $17 Billion dollars. Figuring 8 Billion people world wide grabs them a lofty $400 Billion. This is, of course, assuming they actually can keep up with production and don't renegotiate their prices due to "unforeseeable circumstances". That's easily a 1700% markup from what it cost them to produce it. Money they will no doubt use to silence their mistakes and lobby weak lawmakers to do their bidding. You'd think our governing bodies would already have given that some thought and told the drug makers they are liable for damages unless they offer the drug for free but, forget that stuff. Big pharma lobbied that garbage years ago. Sorry for my rant but, I'm so tired of us all having a pricetag attached to our lives. We are all essential to someone.

Lord Jade Cross
8 minutes ago, Abigail Rose said:

I 100% agree with this Jade. All too often we are ruled by the wealth seekers and we pay up out of desperation and fear. Wouldn't it be great if, for once, we all told the rich folks to cram it and we aren't buying the shite they are serving any longer. There is absolutely no way this process goes smooth. There are way to many variables and the money hungry are ready to feast on us at any cost. There will be a shortage of product before twenty percent of the general public can even try to get it. That will lead to improper mixes of the drug making it into public hands, a mistake they already admitted to once. By the time they see the new side effects, from their rush job of a vaccine, it will be too late for the people that have already received it. Good thing that's all the healthcare workers and elderly first. There has never been, in the history of pandemics we have endured, a vaccine that was effective within one year. In general is has taken a decade or more to make an effective drug and administer it successfully across the globe.

So, while some readers of this post may be thinking Abi's lost her bloody mind and become some twisted hate monger, remember this. At $50 per person, which is what they are estimating will be the final cost after both injections, and the U.S. having a rough 330,000,000 people the vaccine makers stand to make just shy of $17 Billion dollars. Figuring 8 Billion people world wide grabs them a lofty $400 Billion. This is, of course, assuming they actually can keep up with production and don't renegotiate their prices due to "unforeseeable circumstances". That's easily a 1700% markup from what it cost them to produce it. Money they will no doubt use to silence their mistakes and lobby weak lawmakers to do their bidding. You'd think our governing bodies would already have given that some thought and told the drug makers they are liable for damages unless they offer the drug for free but, forget that stuff. Big pharma lobbied that garbage years ago. Sorry for my rant but, I'm so tired of us all having a pricetag attached to our lives. We are all essential to someone.

Probably both of us but I have worked in healthcare, I've worked in labs and I know how the cookie crumbles in this field. 

I just hope alot of people aren't as stupid to inject themselves with whatever shit some company labels as "the cure" or they will regret it.

16 hours ago, Abigail Rose said:

I see that like Putin getting one of his daughters to test the vaccine they produced in Russia. 

You will have a rough go at credibility unless leaders inject themselves with it, too. Publicly no less. 

6 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I am toying with waiting a few months after the first doses before even considering an injection.

I'm not sure how many skeptics there are. I am certain the virus is real. I've had it. I'm also certain that there will eventually be some kind of vaccine that has been proven to stand the test of time. What they have right now does not fit the bill. It's been rushed through each stage of development and should be held in question respectively. Even if there is no intentional misrepresentation of the vaccine, there will certainly be things they had not accounted for in the recent trials. This is why it takes so many years to implement such a large scale effort and there is no real proof it will be much more than a road block for an adaptive demon, such as it is.

7 hours ago, Abigail Rose said:

I'm not sure how many skeptics there are. I am certain the virus is real. I've had it. I'm also certain that there will eventually be some kind of vaccine that has been proven to stand the test of time. What they have right now does not fit the bill. It's been rushed through each stage of development and should be held in question respectively. Even if there is no intentional misrepresentation of the vaccine, there will certainly be things they had not accounted for in the recent trials. This is why it takes so many years to implement such a large scale effort and there is no real proof it will be much more than a road block for an adaptive demon, such as it is.

Unfortunately.

But for me, I can likely not clear international borders unless I take it. I would assess that, before taking a shot. 

If most countries start adopting a mandatory test upon entry, and secondary test to end a quarantine early--I honestly wouldn't bother getting the shot and would just keep a mask on inside public places until infection rates were low enough to no longer warrant it. 

But if most borders adopted a no shot, no entry or mandatory testing clearances prior to full entry, I would heavily consider taking the shot. 

I work around a lot of people. 

High risk industry. So many of my clients have contracted covid. I try to minimize the risk at my branch, but there is only so much you could do short of wrapping your staff in bubble wrap. 

46 minutes ago, Moonman said:

vaccine was pushed through quickly

If by that you mean rushing to make sure the current vaccines are safe, I understand your sentence, but shouldn't any vaccine to a deadly pandemic be distributed as fast as possible? If what you mean through rushing is that you think hoops of safety were jumped through in order to prevent possible mutations, that would probably do more harm then good, and would potentially be illegal, so that isn't likely

3 minutes ago, Moonman said:

This is what I mean. I haven't really looked into it, but I've heard numerous times that there are doubts about its safety given how quickly one has been produced.

I'm not sure how factual it is, and haven't dug super far into it, but I just know that any vaccine I won't be the first to try. Then again, there are always those people who say vaccines cause autism, so as long as I know that people experienced positive reactions and it wasn't completely useless, I think the vaccine is safe

28 minutes ago, Moonman said:

This is what I mean. I haven't really looked into it, but I've heard numerous times that there are doubts about its safety given how quickly one has been produced.

Different rules apply in the US and Europe on what is required to prove efficacy and safety, but regardless of all that, no one can claim to know the long term effects of this exact vaccine... as it’s brand new. The type of vaccine is even a relatively new one.

Disclaimer: I’m not a medical professional. Once the vaccine is proven safe and effective I’d be happy to have it.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, Perspektiv said:

Covid-19 is waging war on the little guy?

To get back on topic, I tend to agree with the above views that COVID isn’t waging war on anyone, but that society’s (or government’s) response is definitely favouring big business to the detriment of less wealthy and powerful individuals and entities.

1 hour ago, Iam9man said:

To get back on topic, I tend to agree with the above views that COVID isn’t waging war on anyone, but that society’s (or government’s) response is definitely favouring big business to the detriment of less wealthy and powerful individuals and entities.

In the US, the little guy was told they could have a one time $1200, which we get to pay back through our taxes. Other nations did more than that each month for their citizens. I would say covid allowed my government a scapegoat. So they slide a little paper to people while they gave huge breaks to businesses that didn't even need the money. Then the little guy has to pay back their share while big business gets a freebie.

Archived