When will I figure it out?

KikoTheMagicCat

KikoTheMagicCat

Hey everyone,

I’m very new to this forum, and this community seems fantastic.

For the last few years I’ve been questioning my place in this world and how I should ever identify myself in gender terms.

I’ve never felt totally masculine nor have I ever had the urge to prove I was masculine, I dress both masculine and feminine but I don’t feel particularly pulled in either direction.

I would assume that’s the same sense as Non-Binary, but is that just an umbrella term, is there more to it than that?

My main question is, how long did it take for users here to start understanding what there gender was, and how did they go about trying to understand it? 

I’m in no rush myself to find out, and I don’t think I need to label myself anything, I just want to find people who feel the same as me, so I can feel a part of a community.

Any help would be appreciated, as I’m very lost in all the labels and correct classifications.

Welcome!

My gender identity didn't take too much to figure out, or at least it was not as stressful as for asexual and for my romantic identity. However, I am still not confident 100% I will be agenderflux for the rest of my life, there is still the possibility of changing. So, now I go with what feels the best label in the moment, and if later my feelings are going to change, then I will simply change the label, as it is not set in stone.

Also, from my understanding, you could use non-binary by itself or genderqueer as well, you don't necessarily need to choose a more specific label. 

And, of course, the welcome cake :D

Chocolate-Crazy-Cake-02.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

SmaugtheDragon

For me, I am kind of in the middle of questioning my gender, but kind of avoiding thinking about it to be honest. 

From what you described, you could just use non-binary and not choose a more specific label, but you could also look into agender maybe? You also don't have to use any labels if you don't want to. Not everyone chooses to put a specific label on their identity, because they can get complicated. 

Hope this helps!

Oberon Jasper

Gender is a journey. I think it can take however long you want or need. I'm still on that journey, just at one stop along the way. That's how I like to think about it. Like a road-trip. I've just stopped to get gas at the station of non-binary. I may even rent a hotel here, but I could decide to move on to somewhere new.

Archived