GingerRose

Gift for a Teacher

GingerRose

Best gift ideas for an elementary teacher?

• Like 1

Abigail Rose

It may not seem like much of a gift but, teachers tend to pay for supplies out of their own pocket, to provide much needed materials for their students. The government will pay for books and such, desks and computers. They don't provide all of the construction paper, extra coloring utensils, obviously anything for them to begin fun projects that help the kids learn would be good. Just the little bit that I can share.

• Like 2

Astrea

Depends on the teacher and the occasion.

If it's like an impersonal 'thank you for putting up with our children without murdering them' gift for a teacher you barely know, I'd say you can't go wrong with chocolates or a nice tea / coffee in a pretty box, like these japanese boxes you can keep afterwards (in my experience, teachers tend to caffeinate a lot to make it through the day ^^)

• Like 3

Saphoune

You can go for a nice coffee mug (some can be customized with drawings from children) or offer a gift voucher, less personal but more practical.

• Like 1

GingerRose
15 hours ago, Abigail Rose said:

pay for supplies out of their own pocket

Yep I'm a teacher, so I know this quite well. I teach elementary, but I am not sure what to get for my co-mentor teacher. I am thinking about a Barnes and Noble gift card.

• Like 1