Any sex-related phrases you really hate?

everywhere and nowhere

everywhere and nowhere
4 hours ago, guava.ghoul said:

I absolutely HATE when people use the term “sexy” to compliment me ..... even knowing I’m ace!!!! like no pls PLS stop that rn ew 

Fortunately, I don't hear it... I don't know if anyone has ever told me that. Probably because I'm indeed not sexy, cute or girly in any conventional way. This is how I look like, although in bad quality:

spacer.png

But I would absolutely be hugely uncomfortable with being called "sexy". So I understand what you mean. And indeed, one of the reasons why I cut my hair short, don't shave my legs, don't use any anti-wrinkle cremes, never use any tiniest bit of makeup, wear very well-covering and relatively loose clothes, is to not be sexually attractive, particularly to men.

everywhere and nowhere
6 hours ago, frosty starlight said:

People in the thread already mentioned these but I hate when sex is referring to as "being intimate" or "making love." I also hate when people say "sleeping with someone" to mean sex. Like, what am I supposed to say when I want to literally sleep with someone?

I don't mind the phrase "making love" - perhaps because I believe that people shouldn't have sex without love or at another close bond of trust - but I really hate it when "intimacy" is used as an euphemism for sex. I have never had sex, but I have had a lot of intimate conversations. And the semantic reduction of "intimacy" to sex feels insulting to me - as if all of us who don't want to have sex never experienced any intimacy.

Archived