a thing that happened ages ago and i still regret

A User

so basically, before i knew what asexuality was, i had this situation.
a guy from my class kept staring at me, just STARED at me. it was so nerving but i didn't know better. he also did other shit that was overly romantic and fucking awful

he got worse, and he started sending notes to my locker. like, ROMANCE NOTES (No, i never LOVED him)
and then started (advancing?) asking for my phone number, which i was apprehensive to give, but i knew no better.

and he started writing his feelings. like calling me special and stuff (which was even more shitty and i hated this guy now)
he asked me to "hang out" with him. i remember being (still kinda am) HELLA afraid cuz i only thought of him as a classmate and i was scared of him kissing me and being a romantic.

i couldn't say yes (bc of the above statement) i couldn't say no (didn't want to upset him), so i kept responding with"..." (fun fact, he gave me his house address; i never requested, and sent FUCKING OVER ThE TOP shit like... the stuff in romance movies)

i'd had enough at some point, i told him. and he was sad, but i had to let him know i didnt think of him as a love interest.

FAST FOWARD TO THE FUTURE

and i still am afraid of him, idk what to do. he still kept asking me to "hang out" i still didnt want to, even after 2 years...

hes at least (15..?) now, and im 13. but like, i never had ANY attraction to him, ever. he kinda made me be nervous, becuase of how i cant forget that.

but i still think i shouldve told him earlier.

i think the most relaxing part of this was when he said  to me in twitter dms: "I am going to hangout with someone else later on. Rather than you. Since you have never answered me or. Even if you did it was just a big NO."

i loved that. idk why, i just didnt want him to be with me irl, like EW NO.

but i kinda regret taking some steps two years ago.

i wish i knew what asexuality was so i could shove it in his face that time

i really still regret it, but at least hes not gonna ask me "out" anymore :)

If this dude is still asking you out after all this time, he sounds kinda creepy and like a stalker.

If he bothers you again, tell a grown up.

You don't have to be asexual to say no to a guy, okay?  You have a right to say no, just because, well, just because you have a right to say no, and that's it.

That sounds incredibly creepy on so many levels.

You don't need to feel bad about yourself, but this guy should for not understanding what No means. But please do tell a grown up that you trust if he keeps bothering you.

7 hours ago, fairyofsuburbia said:

That sounds incredibly creepy on so many levels.

You don't need to feel bad about yourself, but this guy should for not understanding what No means. But please do tell a grown up that you trust if he keeps bothering you.

if anything, i was in grade 6 ( im grade 8 rn) and i told teachers, my parents, anyone really.

it even lead to the principal talking with me (small school= more access to principals) 

but he was older than me, and now that i think about it

idk what he wanted from me; was it dating, relationships, sexual things???

--------------------------------------------------------

but yes, creepy it defenetely was, cannot deny it, though for him it was... discouraging. he wanted me to "hang out", and he kept begging me to do so: wrote via text, wrote actual letters on paper Heck, he even sprayed a note with perfume and gave snacks to me once (BOTH at the same time).

kept on just creepily looking at me like i was a monument, like no

this situation is a big factor that lead me thinking about asexuality in the first place

My best advice:

If you're afraid of a person (regardless of circumstance) it's probably a bad idea to accept any sort of requests for proximity.

Archived