Anyone really REALLY just want to hold or be held by someone?

RobL2415

It severely depends on my mood and the person, but yes I would really like to be held right now.

Real Estate RICO

right now, absolutely.

tbh, i've been feeling this way for a good three months

Yes, but I have avoided it in my marriage because I was afraid it would lead to ‘that”.

Definitely. Its one of the things I missed the most while single. 

It could be a road trip together where we fly out and are cuddled for the entire trip. 

That beats sex to me, any day of the week. Mind you, I am biased as could do without it, but have always craved that level of touch (hugs, and cuddles).

Yeah, I like to think I'm self-sufficient and often hermit-like, but being held, hugged, or snuggled, sounds appealing even though it hasn't happened much in my life.

man I used to think this might be something nice

but now I'm feeling like I am missing part of my food pyramid

DarkStormyKnight

oh hell yeah, I need physical affection so badly, this pandemic has not been fun

• 2 weeks later...
VerruAlocasia
On 11/24/2020 at 6:56 PM, DarkStormyKnight said:

oh hell yeah, I need physical affection so badly, this pandemic has not been fun

This!! Before the pandemic I never felt the desperate desire to cuddle, hug etc. And especially never understood why people felt the need to have a partner besides allosexuals needing their sex. But now? I desperately need to cuddle, hug, maybe even kiss (I guess that's a response to my extreme need of human touch right now). And it has made me seriously consider to try to find a partner, but how?! I can't go out and meet someone... I'm in no sport or hobby activities where I could meet someone, I don't have a job and I don't study. So where could I find someone? On online dating apps no one responds to me. And I just... Wish to cuddle 😭 Sorry for the rant... It just welled out of me and feel sorry for myself 😅

• 4 weeks later...
Purple Red Panda

I came across the term skin hunger the other day, which if nothing else sounds far cooler than touch deprivation which is what I've previously used to describe how I feel.

24 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

I came across the term skin hunger the other day

Sounds like a horror film. 😲

I always crave to have the physical closeness in the form of cuddling, being held, and simply just being affectionately close, but only as affection, love, caring, for emotional intimacy, not in a sexual way. 

But YESS, as the other posts have stated. 

Yes! At times I remember how comforted I was when I was held and cuddled as a child by my parents. Now I am too old for that, and at this age that kind of closeness is mostly associated with sex. Like, I want to be held without it being a precursor to something more! Just wanna be loved wholeheartedly and feel protected! Is this too much to ask!

Blue eyes white dragon

I crave cuddles and not even in a romantic way! I love cuddling with my friends but I wish I could do it more. It makes me feel safe and comfortable and emotionally close. I wants cuddles so bad :,( 

On 11/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, GingerRose said:

I might have to buy a hug from the black market...

The black cat market, maybe?

Not in the couch! When I'm watching a good movie/show I don't like being distracted 😂 I remember this date that put his arm around me and pulled me onto his shoulder while we were watching a movie. I had to watch the rest of the movie sideways and got a neck cramp at the end of it.

But at night when I'm feeling cold or scared, yeah I often wish for someone to hold me.

Kernel.Panic

I'm usually not a touchy-feely kind of type; I reserve cuddles for the special someone.

I'm not going to lie though - I miss the cuddling sessions pretty badly :(

On 11/20/2020 at 4:22 AM, RobL2415 said:

Like, in addition to companionship and romance, I want to have those nights where my girlfriend and I just lay on the couch cuddling and in each other's arms. I crave physical closeness. Its like an acknowledgement of trust: "I care about you so much that I want to hold you close to me." And that's just beautiful.

Yes, 

and drunk me will literally just try to snuggle whoever was dumb enough to agree to go drinking with me 

I also really miss my cat since I use to cuddle him at night and I have nothing now 

What I would do for an occasional hug and someone stroking my head every now and than 

I'm basically a cat when it comes to cuddles and physical shows of affection. Some days I absolutely love and crave it, other days I hate it. I've had mild interest in the past to look up cuddle parties, where people just get together and hold/cuddle each other.

I personally love hugs and cuddles and unfortunately I am not in a romantic relationship and I can't go and see my friends right now, so all I've got is short hugs from my mom and brother.

Maelstrom_17

Yes, generally at night though before going to bed. During the day I'm fine. For whatever reason though, I prefer to get cuddles from someone that I'm intellectually and morally attracted to (is that even a phrase? I guess morally and intellectually compatible with could be another way to phrase it).

EnthusiasmCurbed
On 11/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, NewStart said:

Yes, but I have avoided it in my marriage because I was afraid it would lead to ‘that”.

That was exactly what I did the last several years! I get you completely. I was married (25 years) to a sexual who is aromantic, and me being romantic ace made for a completely opposite needs. I wish I had understood my sexuality during our marriage. I’m glad I know now and I have the language to communicate what I need. I’d rather be alone than bypass my needs for another’s.

I normally don't like to be touched, even when I'm upset.  However, there are a few ppl I wouldn't mind.

Obsessed_With_Dragons

I crave affection in a platonic way, but I am simultaneously repulsed by it. About a year ago, I started training myself to avoid physical affection as a way to gain emotional independence from my parents, which I've begun to internalize. So now I'm severely craving physical contact while still finding the idea of it unpleasant and ensnaring.

Archived