Anyone really REALLY just want to hold or be held by someone?

RobL2415

Like, in addition to companionship and romance, I want to have those nights where my girlfriend and I just lay on the couch cuddling and in each other's arms. I crave physical closeness. Its like an acknowledgement of trust: "I care about you so much that I want to hold you close to me." And that's just beautiful.

YES.

As I haven't figured out text size formatting on mobile, I have no choice but to copy-paste @Yoruka's reply, as it's got the perfect amount of emphasis

YES.

1 hour ago, Life Of Tass said:

As I haven't figured out text size formatting on mobile, I have no choice but to copy-paste @Yoruka's reply, as it's got the perfect amount of emphasis

YES.

I'll just quote this 

Anarchist Kaos

Sometimes, but most of the time I don't, to be honest I only really crave hugs when I'm really sad.

Just now, Anarchist Kaos said:

Sometimes, but most of the time I don't, to be honest I only really crave hugs when I'm really sad.

That's nice too. Everyone's need for physical contact is different.

Oberon Jasper

In a weird way. I'm touch avoidant but desperately crave physical closeness. It's a fun conundrum.

In short:

Yes but no

crystal_crescent

YES, a thousand times YES!!! 

Always depends on the person and on my mood.

I do often just wish to hug someone I dearly treasure and never let go.

Blizzard Avis

Definitely, although it doesn't have to be in a romantic way (friends, family, anything is good with me), and I'd actually prefer to be the one holding the other person in my arms rather than being held I guess.

I’m very particular about who I want to be platonically affectionate with, but when I want to be tactile, I want to be goddamn held. Thankfully, I apparently give good massages, so combined with my interest in strictly non-romantic, non-sexual touch, folks tend to appreciate my desire to get tactile. :P 

And I'll drop another YES!!! here. I crave for some physical closeness even though I'm pretty much touch averse.

I like platonic hugs. Being "held" by someone might feel a little weird for me though. 🙃

1 hour ago, _poklopie_ said:

And I'll drop another YES!!! here. I crave for some physical closeness even though I'm pretty much touch averse.

See, I'm not much of a talker but I like to express my feelings with touch to someone I'm romantically involved with. Although, one time I had a girl place her hand on my leg right near my crotch, like on my inner thigh, and that was awkward and uncomfortable. I didn't know what it meant at first but looking back on it, I'm pretty sure she was telling me she wanted to have sex.

49 minutes ago, RobL2415 said:

See, I'm not much of a talker but I like to express my feelings with touch to someone I'm romantically involved with.

I'm not much of a talker myself, that goes for all aspects, so I try to reach out in whatever way possible. Romantically speaking, I think I'd very much like to be physically close to my partner, even with just simple touches without purpose. But that is theoretical and heavily based on wishful imaginations; even with a steady relationship I was unable to engage in any of that. I partly attribute it to lack of such opportunities (of living together) and partly to contradicting thoughts on real life touches (which perhaps stem from expectations of people around that such touches will eventually lead to something more). so yeah, it's been hard placing myself in the conventional scenario of the surrounding. 

I'm demi, not ace, but yes there are times, particularly when one of us has had a rough day at work, when simply nestling in each other's arms just let's the stress of the day melt away. 

I haven't been held in quite a while now, and I kinda really want to be XD

1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

I wish I had someone. I suck at dating. Never really been my strong suit.

Oberon Jasper
1 hour ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Just now, RobL2415 said:

Party Post Two Point Ohhhhhhh!: sherlockbbc_fic — LiveJournal - Page 2

For you all and whoever else needs them on this thread!

Just now, RobL2415 said:

Yeah the dating game can be a bit uncomfortable for me too. I like when I feel good with someone and it's easeful.

3 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

About 7 or so years for me 😞

Purple Red Panda

Yes, pretty much more than anything 😢

YESSSS 😧

I need someone to hug  ;-;

2 hours ago, Purple Red Panda said:

Yes, pretty much more than anything 😢

Which reminds me, I need some more pillows.

I understand the feeling well and was so desperate a few years back. Routine massages help when you need human touch and don’t have an outlet.

I heard about a web based business which addresses this need: cuddlecomfort.com Granted, I’ve never tried anything like it, it’s nice to know it exists. Likewise, there are cuddle clubs you might join.

I've never felt this way, even when I was feeling particularly down on myself.  Usually if I'm feeling that down on myself, what I want is an actual solution to the problem that has me feeling that way, not some unrelated physical gesture that won't really solve anything.

That said, I'm not touch-averse; I do enjoy hugs and such... but I've just never felt dependent on it.

11 hours ago, Anarchist Kaos said:

Same.

Most of time I don't like to be touched, but every now and then, I'll crave a good hug and/or a simple hand hold. Jury's still out on cuddling.

Archived