what is your hobby

SarahWilliam

I just started a new hobby of collecting skull of different types like Cow skull ,Raccoon Dog Skull, Bull skull or like Ram skull becasue i have a lot of interest in skulls. There are different ways to use skulls for example im using these skulls to decorate my house and honeslty it is quite fascinating for me. 

Oberon Jasper

That's cool!

I dabble in animation and collect bells from different states I've been.

Wow, that's a cool collection!

I am collecting rubiks cubes, all different types, from normal 3x3 to 10x10 and shapeshifting, everything. I am currently at 37 cubes. 

I'm pretty proud of it, but many people call me a nerd because of my collection.

I do diy stuff, I like star gazing and identifying different kind of constellations (but lately I've kind of given up, due to the curfew at 9 pm), collect tea, keychains and books in English from countries I visit (of course this is also on hold), read different types of books that people would not expect from me, I do inline skating (but usually only when I am in my hometown, because I cannot carry my inline skates everywhere) or jog/do something else related to sport, and spend an awful amount of time on AVEN 😅

collecting skulls sounds dope ngl. For me my hobby is drawing, writing, and sometimes coding. Also I like watching animated series and cartoons and analyze them :D

I like to draw and paint.

As for collections, I collect a lapel pin from all the places I go  (obviously I have no recent ones to speak of)

I do some writing, dabble in photoshop, and some gaming

I like to learn languages. I'm currently learning Portuguese, French and Arabic in some sort of depth, and I like to dabble in languages from the Indian subcontinent. If anyone has a language they think I should go in-depth in, please recommend because I feel like starting another one.

I like doing digital artworks, gaming (minecraft and Among us mainly x3) and I like learning a few phrases from different languages!

Trying to flirt in Spanish.. In a non-sexual way of course!

Basically anything that allows for creative expression. My more consistent hobbies are writing and cooking. I used to draw when I was younger, and I'd like to get back into that and maybe try canvas painting and photography.

I play classic guitar, abstract paintings and drawing , gaming , photography and im watching the simpsones ( season 21 )

Daydreaming, listening to music, playing video games, working out, watching YouTube videos or anime. I sometimes go through phases where I’ll do a lot of drawing, painting, or writing x reader fanfics.

Reading, listening to music, attempting to learn guitar, cooking, some video games. I started to learn some really basic Japanese and planning some trips I might be able to take in late 2021/22.

crochet and reading (I don't know if that counts as a hobby though)

I don’t really have a hobby. I need one.

Twisted Tempest

I game, write and build models. I can't paint the models I build however, because my artistic skills are horrible. 

tonibolognaJTV

I've been gaming for years, currently between the PS4 and Nintendo Switch. I am also an avid play-goer, love my local theater. 🥰

current active hobbies (done within the last 6 months)

• crochet
  • knitting
  • Tunisian crochet
  • yarn collecting
  • pattern designing
  • reading
  • listening to music
  • data crunching 
  • designing excel sheets to help with data crunching

Hobbies I've had in the past and are not currently active

• writing
  • drawing
  • photography
  • gaming

J. van Deijck

Photography, shortwave radio, collecting pens and notebooks.

Books and music are beyond question.

• 2 weeks later...
Blue eyes white dragon

I have a lot. I oil paint and use oil pastels, read books, collect pins and figures and knickknacks, watch anime and cartoons, do puzzles, bake/cook, collect knives, collect rocks, hike,  collect yugioh cards, make crafts and do science things, I research a lot. I used to do ballet Folkorico but I couldn't afford it after the free program at my old elementary school shut down. I used to be really good at archery and shooting guns but school leaves me with little time to practice. I'm trying to get back into it and learn how to throw knives and learn bass guitar as well. I'm also a cosplay but I dont have a lot of money to go far with it. I go through a lot of hobbies especially when I'm in these weird modes called hyper focus.

• 1 month later...

I mainly just do chainmail anymore but I'm looking for new stuff more closely related to my studies because I have no life. 

I'm known around AVEN for my love for Queen.  I haven't been to any of their concerts, but I have a great deal of books on Queen and the individual band members, as well as their LPs and CDs.

Most of my other hobbies and interests are outer-space-related.

When I was a teen, I was really into astronomy.  But this evolved into my love for Star Trek and sci-fi.  Because of this, I have not only watched all episodes of Star Trek and all its spin-off series and films, but it's allowed me to go to conventions, meet many of the stars of Star Trek (and other sci-fi series) and collect a nice amount of autographs too.

It's also made me realise that, from a merchandise perspective, just when you've seen it all, something comes along that still manages to surprise me!

Also, I have an interest in UFOs.  In my experience, many people seem to fall on the extreme ends of the debate of the existence of UFOs.  Many will say "They definitely exist!" or they will say "Nope, not for a second!"

However, I am in the middle.  I believe you should take each sighting on a case-by-case basis.  Studies have shown that (depending on what study you're looking at) between around 85% - 90% of UFOs can be readily explained.

In other words, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and has feathers like a duck, it sure ain't a gerbil.

On the other hand, there is a 10% - 15% of cases that can't be readily explained.  Many have plenty of information being supplied in a report, and even have evidence to support them (such as the Lonnie Zamora incident in 1964 near Socorro, New Mexico.

Fair enough, that doesn't preclude an explanation being given for a given sighting, but it does NOT mean that aliens/time travellers/dimensional travellers or whatever being an explanation.

After all, it was Sherlock Holmes that once said that "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Just now, Glyn said:

I'm known around AVEN for my love for Queen.  I haven't been to any of their concerts, but I have a great deal of books on Queen and the individual band members, as well as their LPs and CDs.

Most of my other hobbies and interests are outer-space-related.

When I was a teen, I was really into astronomy.  But this evolved into my love for Star Trek and sci-fi.  Because of this, I have not only watched all episodes of Star Trek and all its spin-off series and films, but it's allowed me to go to conventions, meet many of the stars of Star Trek (and other sci-fi series) and collect a nice amount of autographs too.

It's also made me realise that, from a merchandise perspective, just when you've seen it all, something comes along that still manages to surprise me!

Also, I have an interest in UFOs.  In my experience, many people seem to fall on the extreme ends of the debate of the existence of UFOs.  Many will say "They definitely exist!" or they will say "Nope, not for a second!"

However, I am in the middle.  I believe you should take each sighting on a case-by-case basis.  Studies have shown that (depending on what study you're looking at) between around 85% - 90% of UFOs can be readily explained.

In other words, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and has feathers like a duck, it sure ain't a gerbil.

On the other hand, there is a 10% - 15% of cases that can't be readily explained.  Many have plenty of information being supplied in a report, and even have evidence to support them (such as the Lonnie Zamora incident in 1964 near Socorro, New Mexico.

Fair enough, that doesn't preclude an explanation being given for a given sighting, but it does NOT mean that aliens/time travellers/dimensional travellers or whatever being an explanation.

After all, it was Sherlock Holmes that once said that "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

One of the things I have also noticed with many people is that they will say, with some conviction, that UFOs don't exist.

UFOs DO exist.  

"U.F.O" is short for Unidentified Flying Object.  In its strictest definition, it does NOT mean something from outer space.  It means that you have seen something in the air that you could not readily identify.

Subsequent investigations may find that it was something mundane, but until that point, it is unidentified. 

Example:  you are in an office.  Suddenly, something is thrown across the room right in front of you and bounces off the wall next to you.  Looking down at where it landed, you see it was a pen.

But while it was in the air flying across your vision, you had no idea what it was.  In other words, it was flying, it was unidentified and it was an object.  A UFO.

Fair enough, you soon discover it was a pen, but for a moment, it was technically a UFO.

• 8 months later...

I have a couple of hobbies, one of them being roleplay and playing games.

Binge-listening to podcasts or radio programmes, obsessively listening to music, keeping constantly busy when I'm awake in an attempt to keep my mind from falling into a pit of existential despair, obsessively refreshing AVEN and Instagram, drinking coffee, drinking beer, smoking too many cigarettes (I mean, any is 'too many', so), taking an obnoxious amount of photos of basically anything and everything, thinking about octopuses, sleeping, and *~*NSFW things*~*. Oh and occasionally deluding myself that I can write.

Archived