Procrastination..

Raindrops

How much do you procrastinate? From 1 - 10.  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you procrastinate? From 1 - 10.

• 10 - Constantly.
    • 1 - Barely ever.

This poll is closed to new votes

I do it. A lot. All the time. I am procrastinating right now. Problem is I don't just do it for things I have to do, also for things I want to do. Stuff I want to create or dedicate time to to enjoy. I feel like there's a mental block there preventing me from doing anything so I just sit and watch videos and feel frustrated because I want to DO things but my mind is just ehhh not now. 😖

I tend to leave things I don't really want to do, but I have to do, until the pressure builds and I respond to the deadline.  If it is something I actually want to do then I will get on with it.   

I'm an expert at productively procrastinating, where, instead of say, doing a tax return, I'll vacuum the carpet instead 

57 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Stuff I want to create or dedicate time to to enjoy. I feel like there's a mental block there preventing me from doing anything so I just sit and watch videos and feel frustrated because I want to DO things but my mind is just ehhh not now

why did you describe me ?? I have a book to read and I like it but when I want to continue reading, i'm just like "meh i'm not in the mood" but i'm never in the mood and i end up doing nothing. Same for tv shows. It's exhausting 😆

I'll answer this later.

When i was studying I got down to it and always had the work done early.  But when it comes to housework....!!!!  *Looks at the washing piled up!*

SunlitMoonlight

i am literally procrastinating rn lol 

Anthracite_Impreza

It's called executive dysfunction, it's one of the most difficult and maligned but least understood parts of many mental illnesses/neurodivergencies.

2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

It's called executive dysfunction, it's one of the most difficult and maligned but least understood parts of many mental illnesses/neurodivergencies.

I'm getting that tattooed on my arm ready for the next person who tells me I should iron clothes!! 😂

sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ

Part of the procrastinating rn gang, I should prolly stop tho

1 hour ago, sSevenOfSpadeƧƨ said:

Part of the procrastinating rn gang, I should prolly stop tho

you can always tackle that later.

Pretty major procrastinator here - If I'm not motivated by a hard deadline, well, apparently I'm not motivated then.

I read this thread and thought 'I should get back to answering this later'.

I've always been a huge procrastinator. In uni I finished all my assignments, including my dissertation, last minute and although I always cursed myself for being like that I never had to face any severe consequences, so why change anything? I remember that even a couple of times when I tried to start an essay early I felt like I only got the good ideas once I was closer to the deadline.

I'm also a huge fan of 'productive procrastination' - basically the times my flat at uni was the cleanest was when I had deadlines haha.

3 hours ago, Vicki475 said:

I should iron clothes!!

I'll precisely iron the visible parts only.

People actually still iron clothes? I only own clothes which don't need ironing.

I am a terrible procrastinator. Developed the habit in school and uni and never lost it because there were never any negative consequences to leaving everything to the very last minute, I still got high marks in everything anyway. Also there's the autistic executive dysfunction thing... but mostly I'm just lazy and have anxiety issues which make me put things I'm worried about off for Future Me to deal with.

6 hours ago, fairyofsuburbia said:

I read this thread and thought 'I should get back to answering this later'.

I've always been a huge procrastinator. In uni I finished all my assignments, including my dissertation, last minute and although I always cursed myself for being like that I never had to face any severe consequences, so why change anything? I remember that even a couple of times when I tried to start an essay early I felt like I only got the good ideas once I was closer to the deadline.

I'm also a huge fan of 'productive procrastination' - basically the times my flat at uni was the cleanest was when I had deadlines haha.

This is me to a tee. I got slightly better at getting my work done my second time in post secondary, but it is still my biggest downfall haha. I remember one time I was supposed to be job hunting, but instead I went to the store and got a grout brush just so I could over the top clean all the grout in the bathroom tiles... When my roommate came home and saw me she asked if I was okay haha. 

I liked this article. It makes a lot of sense, and I feel slightly better about my procrastination but understanding better hasn't really helped me make a big difference in it lol. 

Anarchist Kaos

I mean, I'm supposed to be working...

Purple Red Panda

I have putting off the thing and spending far more time worrying about putting off the thing than it would take to do the thing itself down to a fine art.

I was born a full month late! I still don't care for big changes for the most part.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:50 PM, theV0ID said:

People actually still iron clothes? I only own clothes which don't need ironing.

As do I. Finding ways to eliminate chores altogether is even better than procrastination.

• 11 months later...

@Raindrops

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived