Hello

Elsin

Hi, I'm Ben.

I'd say I identify somewhere between asexual and demisexual and am hetero-romantic. This is mainly because I have had sexual relationships in the past, only one of which I felt wholly while the rest just felt like I was doing what was expected of me. It's been over 10 years since I've had any kind of romantic or sexual relationship and I am very content as a singleton. I have told my immediate family, but not really gone into great detail about it. Initially my mother asked, "What does that mean?" and after explaining she said that it made a lot of sense. With others I've been met with the response: "You just might not have met the right person yet," and I'm open to that idea, which is why I'm partly identifying as demisexual.

As for my interests, here's a little more about myself. I am a Mathematics graduate and plan to become a maths teacher over the next year. I like juggling, running, cycling, badminton and of course music; I've played the electric bass and acoustic guitar for most of my life now, though I used to be a lot better than I am now - I'm a little rusty.

Anyway, I mainly joined this site to meet like-minded people and to have good discussions.

Cheers.

Hii! Welcome 🍰🍰🍰🤍💜

I think I identify in a similar way to you, but I´ve realized that recently. How did you explain to your family so that it sounded reasonable?

Hi and welcome. It's a tradition on the forum for new members to get cake so here's one for you.

image8-1024x768.jpg

Hello Ben!

I'm a newbie here too!  And everyone has been so warm and welcoming.

It sounds like you've got the same response from people as me.  I was married so They all assume its because I cant see myself with anyone else.  Nope!  I didn't want to be with him!  But that's what was expected of me.  I was born in 75 and growing up there was no such thing as asexual!  Crikey when I was in school the only thing they taught was straight sex! So I married.  Had a daughter.  and tried to be the 'good wife' but it wasn't me!

At least your mum didn't react like mine! 🙈 I told her I was asexual and she said with glee 'OOOOOO! Like Cliff Richards!'🤦‍♀️

What do you say to that!?? We now laugh about it but at the time I didn't know what to say!  Parents!  We might not always know what to say but when we get it wrong we do it properly!!!🤣

44 minutes ago, rachel_202 said:

Hii! Welcome 🍰🍰🍰🤍💜

I think I identify in a similar way to you, but I´ve realized that recently. How did you explain to your family so that it sounded reasonable?

Hey, thanks.

Well I was just very direct about it. I couldn't offer much of an explanation as to why I feel how I do, but I just talked about my previous relationships and how I wasn't interested in the sex, except for in my earliest relationship, and the fact that I haven't really looked at anyone in a sexual way for years. They are fine with it but I don't know if they care enough to really read into it, and to be honest I mostly keep it to myself.

34 minutes ago, Vicki475 said:

Hello Ben!

I'm a newbie here too!  And everyone has been so warm and welcoming.

It sounds like you've got the same response from people as me.  I was married so They all assume its because I cant see myself with anyone else.  Nope!  I didn't want to be with him!  But that's what was expected of me.  I was born in 75 and growing up there was no such thing as asexual!  Crikey when I was in school the only thing they taught was straight sex! So I married.  Had a daughter.  and tried to be the 'good wife' but it wasn't me!

At least your mum didn't react like mine! 🙈 I told her I was asexual and she said with glee 'OOOOOO! Like Cliff Richards!'🤦‍♀️

What do you say to that!?? We now laugh about it but at the time I didn't know what to say!  Parents!  We might not always know what to say but when we get it wrong we do it properly!!!🤣

Hi Vicki, thanks.

Yeah I remember my mum asking me at first, 'so you're confused?' and I was pretty firm when I said I wasn't. She'd never heard of asexuality but after I explained what I meant she said it made a lot of sense.

The community is welcoming, yeah, I'm looking forward to meeting more aces.

:)

Welcome! A maths teacher huh? Any chance you could help me? Jk jk :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

• 2 months later...
NickyTannock

@Elsin A very belated welcome to AVEN! And Happy New Year!

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so very late welcoming you, here's a "Maths" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/147383-maths-cake

tmtoqgxyprscdpjpvwfw.jpg

12 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

@Elsin A very belated welcome to AVEN! And Happy New Year!

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so very late welcoming you, here's a "Maths" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/147383-maths-cake

Cute cake :D thanks!

Archived