Asexual Identity Research Paper

Ace Ally Forever

Ace Ally Forever

Hello, I am currently researching asexuality for my university economics class. Within this class we are analyzing the effects one's identity may have on decision making and engagement with the broader market. I have poured over numerous forms of academic papers and sources and will attempt to write a comprehensive paper detailing asexuality and casting light on what is considered a relatively niche and lesser known sexuality. I will also be certain to draw the distinction between asexuality and other forms atypical sexual behavior (such as HSDD) among other things. I was wondering if this topic would be interesting to the community to view once it is finished and where I would share it if that were the case. If anyone wishes to see specific aspects of asexuality explored please let me know. I seek to portray asexuality in the most fair and transparent way possible and would love to be scrutinized by the community to ensure that this is the case. Everyone have a wonderful day!

This seems really interesting and I am looking forward to it! About the technical part, I am of noĀ help, but I think you could post it in a thread, like with the newspaper articles, and I guess you could ask for people's opinion? I don't know, so I think it is better to wait for a better answer šŸ˜….Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
Snow in the background

Sounds interesting.

What is the hypothesised connection between an asexual identity andĀ decisionĀ making and engagement with the broader market?

• 2 weeks later...
Ace Ally Forever

When I first conceptualized this topic, I hypothesized that due to the increase in sex-positive attitudes in today's broader society this could lead to a decrease in engagement with specific consumer markets (think the increased sexualization in the media, music, etc.). My thinking behind this could most likely be in response to my past experiences with sex-repulsed individuals and their aversion to this form of media. This doesn't seem to be the case in my research. I perhaps overestimated the degree from which sex-repulsed individuals make up the community while also assuming a high level of group entitativity from asexuals. The asexual community is broad and diverse, and comes from all walks of life, and vary very much in their beliefs and perceptions of sex and of a sex-positive society.

Snow in the background
On 11/24/2020 at 8:29 AM, Ace Ally Forever said:

Ā I hypothesized that due to the increase in sex-positive attitudes in today's broader society this could lead to a decrease in engagement with specific consumer markets (think the increased sexualization in the media, music, etc.)

Don't you mean "lead to an increase in engagement"?

Archived