why hating sex is fun

(SP)

this probably barely belongs in philsophy n' politics but i'll try putting it here.....

i think pretending(to whatever degree you have to pretend) to hate sex is fun...

why?...be-cause, as people without a drive to have sex, we are very capable of doing so, whether we really do or not(most here don't seem to , nor do i )

now, stay with me--- homosexuals in the 60's/70's where as i understand it, unless i 'm wrong in some way, fed up with not being accepted, then the gay-rights movement became much more militant, and decided to play on peoples fears and stereotypes, by purposefully flaunting all the dumb sterotypes---"you think we're all leather people, and drag queens, and obese biker prison chicks, then fine, we wern't before but now we're gonna be that to the extreme and it's gonna be your worst nightmare"..this is as i understand it, where alot of the over-the-top gay parade imagery comes from(although some of those people might be serious , i think many are joking, and that's where it comes from)...once they started doing it to make a point some discovered it was actually sort of fun...

now many people say we're messed up, and although i don't think there's hate or persecution to anywhere near the same extent we still get negative feelings and skepticsim, now the culture taht was very puritanical/heterosexist that gay people rebeled against, can still be puritanical, but has changed, and short of maybe utah, or nebraska or something is increasingly "sex-positive", and increasingly almost fascistically enforced, or else you're horribly repressed, or conservative, or 'no fun'(heaven for fend)...even in utah you might not be celebrating sex, but you damn well better still get married and have some secretly, under the watchful eye of the lord, so either way we're weirdoes

so saying weird things about sex(even if we don't believe it), that we hate it, and we'll smash up everyones genitals, and acting like a cold, sexless robot, will definitely weird people of many different stripes out, and as people (seem to, or at least some/many) think we're all weird and repressed, than saying creepy over-the top things, and playing an exaggerated sex-hating persona sometimes(or perhaps creepily child-like and innocent/uninformed) can be our version of leather-people with water guns

...it's a half-joke but still

That's an interesting half-joke/theory, sacred. It is fun sometimes. I can't say I hate the idea of sex, though the effort which people put into it baffles me sometimes and when someone explicitly says they want to have sex with me I find it offensive.

It is fun to rather tease the sexuals about this 'habit' of theirs probably because a lot of them seem to think it's vital to a person's existance. When sexuals find out that everyone doesn't think the way they do and act smug or incredulous it's a way of venting that frustration, I suppose.

Cate

*points at Cate*

It really is remarkable how very often she's able to write my own thoughts on various topics. S'wonderul to share a brain. Saves me a lot of typing. ;)

I've always found it fun to, when someone's going on about how much they're getting in the sack and describing it in detail, start describing murder fantasies in graphic detail. They shut right up. :lol:

Seriously though, doesn't it seem just as fun to take a NEW position in the overworked prosexual/antisexual dichodemy? That's what the early gay rights/queer movement did (introduced a new position and politics to the conservative/free love dichodemy that was going on around sexuality)

What I got out of sacredprofane's post is sort of a proposal for "asexual camp" (just like gay camp involves playing up the gay stereotype to the hilt). I like camp because it is tacky, so a-camp would be great. My suggestion is to focus on more lighthearted parts of the asexual stereotype. (Like, gay camp afficionados focus on men in drag, not the stereotype of gay men as pedophiles.)

The stereotype of asexuality that I think lends itself most to camp is "you're immature" or "it's just a stage you're going through." To which we could say, "and what's so great about maturity?" Many of us are already cuddly in a nonsexual way, which is traditionally reserved for children in our culture-- we could just add stuffed animals and popular toys and games to the mix. "If building my life around sexuality is what adulthood is, you can have it!" We could have "regression parties" as the corresponding event to drag parties-- people could do whatever they liked to do when they were kids, whether it was cuddling or ill-fated science experiments (with some of the people I know, a fire extinguisher would come in handy).

Although there are many other slurs against asexuals that I hate ("not committed in relationships," "unemotional", etc.), I'm not sure how to camp-ify them. I suppose walking around like robots and pretending to be Dr. Spock on Star Trek (monotone-- "I cannot have sex with you. Since I do not wish to reproduce at this time, it would not be logical.") would work though.

Dave

Hmm... I think that Peter-Panning it up might be a good bet. There's no real fun way to play sexually repressed, so we may have to skip it, but I can't think of anything more entertaining than being childish and sexually undesirable.

I LOVE the idea of soft animals and doing the little kid thing. :D

YES!

*dons feetie jammies and grabs her blankie*

Where da party at?

Cate

*strikes a pose*

Like my feetie jammies?

*holds up bunny*

And my soft bunny? With her floppy ears? *flaps floppy bunny ears*

Cate

i wanna be one of the lost boys. however, i don't wanna be male, so i'll just be one of the domineering females who takes over their little male community. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HEY!

*play wrestles with her bestest friend on AVEN*

Watch the pigtails!

*noogienoogienoogienoogie*

Hey! Can you do that farting sound under your armpit?

Cate

Oof! *wrestles back and loses miserably*

*from her pinned spot on the floor* 'Course I can! *proceeds to jam a hand in either armpit and give a symphony in stereo.*

LOL!!

You're so talented!

TICKLE FIGHT!!

*tickletickletickletickle*

*sings*

'You're gonna wet yer pants! You're gonna wet yer pants!'

Cate

blast!!! :oops:

*steps between cate & julie, knowing that she's about to get the merciless crap tickled out of her*

Personally, I think the Lost Boys are little too old to be Peter Pan mentors; they've already developed that icky social stratification that sets in around 5th grade. :)

*adds copy of "Everything I Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" to shopping list, along with lots of pillows for AVEN sleepover*

Somebody mentioned play forts! Me and my brother never had forts (it just didn't fit with my pacifist image :wink: ) but we did have GIANT BLANKET MOUNTAINS! Made of blankets, of course, but twisted into complex shapes with HIDDEN CAVES AND TUNNELS for our toy cars to drive along! I love hidden caves and tunnels (when I was in home construction I was sad that I never got to build a secret passageway...)

When I took care of a friend's seven-year-old a couple summers ago, he loved to pretend to be the filling of a buritto by having me wrap him in a blanket. *adds blankets to shopping list*

dave

Personally, I think the Lost Boys are little too old to be Peter Pan mentors; they've already developed that icky social stratification that sets in around 5th grade.

but they have such cool toys...!!!

*packs bag w/ new pajamas, down blankey, undies, toothbrush & orange-flavored toothpaste (it's like brushing your teeth w/ candy!!! :D)*

Woooo!

BLANKET MOUNTAINS!

Yay!

*pounces on Aury and tickles her, too*

*gets bored easily, as children do*

Let's make tents with the blankets! That's what I always did. Then piled pillows inside.

*happily starts constructing fortress o' blankies*

Jooooooooooooooolie! Are ya sleeping in my room ina fortress or do ya want yer own?

Cate

*has already dragged her sleeping bag into Cate's room* Huh? :D

Hey Dave! I dare you to prank call AVENguy! I double-dog dare you!

lol...

*takes cushions off the couch & makes a fort*

"hey, fort aury!!! hey, what the fuck?! where'd she go?!"

aury: *snort!!!* LOL!!! (laughing evilly from under the blanket)

Archived