Hi All

j_emery13

Hi everybody, I've only quite recently discovered that I'm asexual. I've never any kind of sexual desires or inclinations my entire life with anyone (I'm 27), and I always thought there was something wrong with me. I always thought I knew what it meant to be asexual and thought that that didn't fit me or wasn't for me. I found out I was wrong not too long ago. I finally feel like myself and confident in who I am. I was pretty quick in accepting that I am asexual, as it finally felt good to find a place for me to fit in. This is something I've struggled with for the last few years, and now that I know what it exactly means, I finally feel pretty good about myself.

Although, I've tried to open up to some very close people in my life, and it's harder then I thought it would be. I thought I would get support from them but instead all I got was 'oh you haven't met the right person', 'you haven't been with anyone long enough to get to that point', and 'if you are then you are, and if you're not then you're not'. 

I just really want to find people to talk with and to support me as I still try to navigate and figure out who I am and what this all means.

Thank you

Welcome :) 🍰 I'm 26 and in quite a similar place to you, always thought there was something wrong with me but I was very certain that I couldn't be ace because I thought I knew what it was and that wasn't me...well until this summer at least when I started reconsidering things. Glad you're feeling better about yourself now!

I can't give any advice on how to tell people you're ace as I haven't talked to anyone about it, yet. I think I eventually want to tell some of my close friends though. There are lots of threads on here about how to explain asexuality to other people that might be of use to you.

I hope this community will be helpful to you on your journey!

Purple Red Panda

Welcome💜

54 minutes ago, missyc13 said:

I just really want to find people to talk with and to support me as I still try to navigate and figure out who I am and what this all means.

I think you are in the right place. I'm sorry people haven't been more supportive to you. I've found these forums to be incredibly helpful and I hope you have the same experience. As is forum to tradition I offer cake

ombre-cake-slice.jpg

Welcome! Yeah we’ll support you, and also give you lots of images of cake :D 

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

• 2 months later...
NickyTannock

A very belated welcome to AVEN! And Happy New Year!

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so very late welcoming you, here's my favourite cake to post,
http://chocolateartcake.blogspot.com/
ZWughhv.jpg 

Archived