Do you smoke?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Yes
    • Used to but have given them up
    • No, never

This poll is closed to new votes

Forest Spirit

Never smoked anything myself and hate it tbh (the smell, the after-smell that sticks to everything, the "irritating my sensitive lungs" bit). My father smokes (which gives an extra minus point) and my brother did for some years but has stopped. One thing I dislike about it is passive smoking, with alcohol you can't damage someone else's liver f.e. but with smoking yes. And it's not easy to escape it.

Never have, and never will. From a young age I'd seen what harm it did to my grandfather, and that was enough to put me off for life 

Chimney, here.

I've pretty much quit on the idea of quitting. 

Tried, and tried...and tried to quit, but...

I wish I could enjoy a smoke now and then.  Sadly, due to my nicotine addiction, having even one is not an option.  I still like how some cigarettes smell.  

Almost ten years since I last had nicotine! 

Nope, never smoked. Between breathing issues and hating the smell (along with it making me feel ill the longer I'm around it) it was never anything I wanted to try.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:35 PM, Sir_The_Last said:

I smoke socially :)  

This isn't intended to critisize you but that's just it. To a non-smoker, smoking is the most asocial thing to do. To me there is no such thing as smoking socially. 

On 10/18/2020 at 11:50 PM, PanFicto. said:

I wasn't sure how to answer because I smoked a few times when I was younger but it always made me puke. I was never an actual smoker though :o

Your avatar says something different 🤣

55 minutes ago, Acing It said:

This isn't intended to critisize you but that's just it. To a non-smoker, smoking is the most asocial thing to do. To me there is no such thing as smoking socially. 

Well then you have a problem. .

2 hours ago, Acing It said:

Haha, smoking socially means like when out drinking or whatever, when everyone who smokes hangs around and smokes together. But those people ONLY smoke in that situation, as a social thing. They don't do it at home out of habit or anything. My ex smoked all the time, but was a huge social smoker too. Every time we went out to the bar I'd have to stand outside in the freezing cold with him and all the other smokers who'd stand around literally socializing over their smokes while I just tried to guzzle my beer faster. For someone who doesn't smoke, social smoking is definitely extremely antisocial, haha, because you're 100% not involved even if you're standing with them, but it's super social for social smokers!

2 hours ago, Acing It said:

Your avatar says something different 🤣

Haha lucky that's not me or I'd run around nekked all day looking at myself in the mirror :P (edit: did I say that outloud?? Lol)

13 hours ago, Sir_The_Last said:

Well then you have a problem. .

Not if there are no smokers around, and there are fewer and fewer where I am as time goes on. I think it comes down to the age old argument of the right for clean air against the right to smoke.

13 hours ago, CBC said:

But 'the most asocial thing to do'? Lol. You need to redefine 'asocial', I think...

I agree, that was a bit strong lol. I agree, puking over someone on purpose is more 'asocial' 😂 But you know what I mean - "not a social thing to do"

I always hated it when I my mom smoked in the car with me and my sister when we were kids. After she quit cigarettes and realized how bad being around cigarette smoke feels to non-smokers she actually apologized to us for all the times she exposed us to it.

As fucked up as it might sound, the smell of cigarettes actually kind of reminds me of my childhood. lol

Never ever ever, not healthy and the smell makes me sick. 😣

I have a memory from when I was around 10. My elder brother who must've been around 30 at the time and I were walking in the yard when he was visiting our dad's place with his kids. We were never really close as we'd never lived together, but for some reason or another we were walking together, just the two of us. He took out a smoke, lit it and smoked. We were quiet. Finally he spoke: smoking is the one fucking thing you're never going to do.

I said okay and never have done. It was an empowering sibling bonding moment for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind if people smoke in private, but I have very strong opinions about doing it in public places.

Obviously it's not every smoker, but a great percentage of them just have no regard about others. Who are they to decide that I have to breath their poison, or that our streets have to be filled with cigarette trash? I don't think they're even entitled to decide their own kids should inhale their smoke, like one of my grandparents did to a parent.

Sorry if anyone feels personally attacked 😄  If you smoke, but you KNOW you are always respectful and never affect others with your habit, this opinion is not about you.

Never tried, never will. The smell is utterly disgusting, it's bad enough just being near someone who smokes, as it's a bit impolite to tell them to go away because they stink. I'm very glad that the laws around smoking make it ever more difficult to do so in public. I respect people's right to give themselves cancer but don't inflict it on other people, and FFS don't drop cigarette butts on the ground to be eaten by birds or washed into rivers, they're extremely toxic.

Purple Red Panda

I sometimes forget that for a couple of years I used to smoke a pipe. It was always weird being under 150 years old and going to a tobacconist to buy pipe tobacco.

• 11 months later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived