Anyone else do this??

ClarkieRoo

So I've been questioning my sexuality for the past month or so, and the more I think about it the more sure I am that I'm aroace. For example, I saw this tiktok about people daydreaming about being in a relationship/having sex with their celebrity crush. I remembered back to when I was 13 and obsessed with Harry Styles, I would daydream that he was my brother and I was the "little sister" of One Direction, as embarrassing as that is lmao. It seems obvious now that when everyone fawns over Harry Styles it's not the same way I did lol. Did anyone else think about their celebrity "crushes" in this way?? Or other moments that you look back on after realizing your sexuality?

I definitely did and will still do that. Me being the Hamilton trash I am, I will wonder what it would be like to sit down and have a nice long discussion about life with Lin-Manuel, or talk about music and writing with Daveed, stuff like that. I also used to think that when people had "crushes" on other people it was because they really wanted to be their friend 🤣🤣 So that was another telltale sign of my identity. But yes, I relate to what you're saying.

Priestess de Mantinea

ABSOLUTELY! I daydreamed about being best friends/living together like siblings with celebrity "crushes". I totally remember one time, after watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at age 11-ish, I imagined that the Harry Potter gang (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint) had come to stay at my house for the summer holidays, and we did literally everything together-- eating, going swimming, etc. It was Daniel Radcliffe who I imagined interacting with and being like close siblings with the most.

I have also had other book character "crushes" on fictitious characters (who were older than me when I first "met" them) from some classic novels I read in high school. I loved (and still love!) those characters and always wished I could be their little sister and best friend. Maybe it really is a "unique" thing we aro-aces do, eh?  😃

I don't know anything more about 99.9% of "celebrities" than their profession, so even if I had wanted to do that, I'd have had nothing to base it on.

Also eww, living with people :D

Definitely makes sense for aro.

I'm romantic and daydreamed for being romantic with someone ;)

I've had daydreams that involve frienship and siblinghood too, but not for celebrities, and actually i never daydream about celebrities.

I think aromantic asexuals are more likely to do this. 

8 hours ago, senACEay_11 said:

I definitely did and will still do that. Me being the Hamilton trash I am, I will wonder what it would be like to sit down and have a nice long discussion about life with Lin-Manuel, or talk about music and writing with Daveed, stuff like that. I also used to think that when people had "crushes" on other people it was because they really wanted to be their friend 🤣🤣 So that was another telltale sign of my identity. But yes, I relate to what you're saying.

I am absolutely obsessed with Hamilton at the moment!! But glad to know it's not just me :DD

8 hours ago, Diotima of Mantinea said:

Maybe it really is a "unique" thing we aro-aces do, huh?  😃

Yes, I suppose if you're a romantic asexual or a sexual aromantic you would probably have very different daydreams 🙈🙈🙈

8 hours ago, CBC said:

(Also, I don't know your age, but perhaps you're just relatively young. It's likely pretty normal for some people not to think too much about sex or romance in their early teen years.)

I am 17 in my first year of college! Yes, I think you're right, which is why I didn't realize I was aroace sooner lol, I always just thought I was a late bloomer or that I'd move away from home and finally be attracted to people. But now I'm living in NY, one of the biggest and most diverse cities in the world, and I still can't see anyone in that way 😆😆

Archived