Have you been on a date by accident?

Firefly8

Have you been on a date you didn't know was a date?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever accidentally gone out on a date with someone?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure, maybe
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

A few times I think, at-least other people seemed to.

At least once, when I went out for dinner with a friend who later in the evening tried some sexual advances. We never spoke again after that.

My social anxiety will be the death of me. In college while home on break, I once went over to a friends house to watch a TV show and she invited an old friend who liked the same show. I had only heard stories about him and his ex-boyfriend, so we had a good time and I didn't think anything of it when he asked for my phone number to send me a picture of us. Only the next day he texted me and wanted to know if I wanted to go see an anime movie (nothing romantic) at the movie theater he worked at (discounted tickets and food). I could use more friends and I wanted to see the movie so I said yes. Then he clarified he wanted it to be a date. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I told him I wasn't interested in a romantic date, but I would still go to the movie with him. Most awkward evening ever for both of us.

I have about as much chance of going on a date accidentally as getting pregnant, especially in these times. If someone tricked me however then chances are it'll end in another kind of "accident".

I once had a guy get my number and he really just sat next to me and asked me for my number. (He was in my Chem class and this was during a break in our 3 hour long Chem class.) He texted me later that day asking if I wanted to do something that weekend. I only realized then that when he asked me for my number he was "Asking Me For My Number."

I went on a Latin course in uni. I understood absolutely nothing, but had a lot of fun making stupid jokes with a girl who understood exactly as little as I did.

Fast forward some weeks, I was travelling and only came to the Latin final exams. We saw each other for the first time in a month there, which was terribly nice. She asked me out, and I was happy to say absolutely yes! It took a solid fifteen minutes for it to hit me: I'd been asked out romantically, not platonically.

Had to call a friend for some emotional support there. Eventually I ended up on the date as well and spent some of the most awkward hours of my life with a person I still quite liked.

Just the once that I know of. Not the most comfortable time I've had. It was only when he went to kiss me I realised he thought it was a date. I scarpered, fast.

No, when you look like I do, there's no way, I'm an undateable I'm fat, ugly and I've been told I'm boring too, so no personality, that combined with a lack of sexual interest and impotence, it was never going to happen, not had a partner for over 30 years now 

I once asked somebody out by accident. We were in a very loud train station on the way home after meeting mutual friends, and they misheard something I said in passing. They seemed nice enough but lived a long way away and I had zero interest. If the ground could have swallowed me at that moment I would have begged for it.

Edit to add the reason this was super-awkward was that they wanted to!

• 1 year later...

@Firefly8

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived