Smoker or non smoker - which are you?

brian_w

Smoker or non smoker - which are you?  

1. 1.

• Smoker
    • Non-smoker
    • Other - please comment below

This poll is closed to new votes

My parents have smoked all my life so i've always been around the stuff. I perfer to be in a non smoking environment tho the pubs are so empty now :(

So yea i'm a non-smoker, never tried and hopefully never will. I had a dream when I was little that I was an old man in my library and I ate some cigs and died :mellow:

I'm a smoking non-smoker.

I don't buy them myself, and I don't Want to smoke, but I do like to, and I can't seem to help myself when I'm around other smokers or in smoking type situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Smokin'

I've rolled my own cigarettes for > 30years.

Can't smoke tailor made's though ... too much metal 'n chemical stuff.

I call smoking "Sharing my breath with God",

but that's mainly to aggravate anti-smoking zealots. :D

I'm also of the opinion that repeating the affirmation 'smoking will kill you' is ...

(a) dumb (or the product of a God complex)

(b) likely to cause more deaths than ciggies. (such is the power on the mind, of affirmations)

But then, i can be an opinionated, curmudgeonly old prick. :lol:

A non-smoker here. However, both my parents smoke, and well my brother took up smoking about a year ago. It's an uphill battle for him. I dislike smoking, which is why I hang around my room quite a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted other, I've smoked 3 (and a bit) cigarettes since I came to University, but I don't want to do it every day.

I like smoking though. I've always liked the smell, which is probably weird.

It's good if you're waiting for a bus or walking somewhere far and want to kill the boredom.

Or are drinking, of course.

Don't smoke..My mom and brother do so I've been around it. I don't really care though. I don't plan on starting to smoke either

Non-smoker, and pretty much indifferent. It doesn't bother me to be around smokers. Not something I want to do myself, but I don't really care what other folks do.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just read the DPD survey, you would think more people smoked with all the anxiety going around. ^_^

I'm a social smoker. If am in a situation where people are talking to me with drinks and smoking, and I have a drink, I tend to bum a cigarette. Gives me something to occupy my hands and slows down the social anxiety "escape velocity" that sends me bolting.

Stress kills millions of people a year - Smoke!

//is a non-smoker.

Definitely a non-smoker.

I can't stand to be anywhere near smoke, regardless of the source.

carried in bags

a seldom social smoker

Definitely a non smoker, I don't mind if you smoke as long as you don't do it around me. I get sick and start coughing and can't breathe if I'm around smoke, barbecues, fire places and such.

• 1 month later...

Non, and don't plan to start. But strangely, I don't mind the smell of cigarette smoke. My father smoked when I was growing up, (and I was always lecturing him about it), but now the smell of it reminds me of him and almost makes me feel like a kid again.

I have a strong reaction to cigarettes; I'm allergic to a ceramic glue most compagies put in there.(can't live in some houses because of it)

I tried to smoke one at 14, it went down smoothly,scratching myself a little, the sratchy feeling got worse and a few minutes laters I coughed out blood and had to go to the hospital; I could easily die from it. I had pimples for weeks (mostly hands, face and inside my mouth...)

2rd hand smoke, like in bars, does that too but takes much more time to get sractchy then I go out...I get pimples the next day. Nowdays smoking is proibited in public areas here; good for me.

I used to smoke cigars shisha and pot, no problem but it does nothing to me minus taking my money.

(Some "friends" of the wrong crow tried once to give me pot with cigarette in it; taught I was bluffing... I was drunk and didn't feel the first symptoms... after my 2rd hospitalisation I punched them and never talked to them again.)

Another non smoker here..:)

I'm really lucky because no one in my family smokes, so I'm not a passive smoker either :rolleyes:

Non-smoker, and have never smoked. If I'd ever thought about it, watching my father die of lung and bladder cancer, and my uncle struggle for breath with emphysema would have put me off for life anyway.

I can't understand why anyone starts smoking nowadays, when we know all the health problems involved. And someone who smokes smells far worse than anyone with BO or halitosis - even when they're not actually smoking. They pay a fortune to shorten their lives and smell disgusting - it's beyond me.

Non-smoker, never have done. However, I don't mind if there are smokers around me (don't agree with the Ban on Smoking in Public Places, 2007). I couldn't smoke, seems to digusting to me.

I don't smoke. I'm anti-drugs and alcohol.

I've tried both before, they suck.

And my dad has been smoking for 25 years and second hand smoking has affected me a lot (screw you dad, I hate you). I can't run to save my life, and I wheeze slightly at times. So you can smoke all you want, just get away from me before I drop dead.

Non-smoker but sometimes I will smoke a cigarette (I have smoked as many as 6 in my life) if I'm feeling that my brain is working too fast and can't stand it (and if I have any available).

So I chose other

• 3 months later...

They're useful for keeping midges away when you're camping. Total waste of time otherwise, unless you want to be one of the 'cool kids' or pretend you're sophisticated.

I don't smoke as a rule.

mort paradis

I don't smoke, I've never tried, but I really don't have a problem hanging out with people who are smoking - it doesn't bother me at all - and I actually like how it smells sometimes.

Archived