Anyone thought they were homo/biromantic but then realize they're actually heteromantic?

Ellie6

Cause me too. I feel like it's usually the reverse when people figure out their romantic orientation. They thought they were straight by default only to find out later that they were not straight after all.

My god-sister came out as bi then came out again saying she was actually straight. It's interesting though, because it's not like you are going back to what you were before, that's just the assumption that we all start out "straight".

18 hours ago, GingerRose said:

My god-sister came out as bi then came out again saying she was actually straight. It's interesting though, because it's not like you are going back to what you were before, that's just the assumption that we all start out "straight".

That’s very interesting! How did she come to that conclusion of you don’t mind me asking? I thought I was bi, then gay, then bi again. Now I feel like I’ve actually been hereto the whole time, but with flexibility haha.

5 hours ago, Ellie6 said:

That’s very interesting! How did she come to that conclusion of you don’t mind me asking? I thought I was bi, then gay, then bi again. Now I feel like I’ve actually been hereto the whole time, but with flexibility haha.

She just claimed it was a phase. She never offered more details than that.

I’m still exploring and defining my asexual and romantic identities. I’m fairly confident in my asexual label but I’m not sure if I’m heteroromantic or biromantic because I married my first serious relationship. But in researching I’ve wondered how I personally define “romance” in general. Having deep asexual homoromantic friendships is something I desire. With this interpretation of romance I could identify as biromantic. But being in a committed hetero relationship currently leaves me little room to explore further. 

For me, I thought I was biromantic. Then heteromantic. Now I think I've never even felt romantic attraction before. 😛 Aesthetic though, all the way.

• 1 month later...

I believed I was straight, then gay, then straight again... and I finally ended up identifying as bi (actually, gray-biromantic). I kept coming back to straightness because of internalized homophobia.

I think for me it could only go from bi to homo if it would change. I actually havent had a long relationship with a man, so I don't know my feelings perfectly. And I know I'll always like women.

But yeah it is interesting if someone goes 'back' to straight. It shows diversity anyway :P

I did think I was a lesbian at one point. I'm bi but I think I'm probably more hetero-leaning, perhaps a 2 on the Kinsey Scale. Usually when I imagine myself in a long-term relationship it's with a man.

• 1 month later...

I believed that I was a hetro then bi but I always knew I was a little bit aro too, so it was very confusing at first....then I finally decided to keep my Aro-ness aside and decided to first figure out if I was hetro or bi....well iam still not sure but, recently I came out as hetroromantic and then comming back to being an Aro i had convinced myself as that it doesn't matter if I come out as hetro or bi there will always be a greyaro term added to it, because ik i was a little bit aromantic but not that aromantic as well so....long story short, I dentify myself as an Asexual Grey-hetroromantic. 

Space Caracal

Me I’m still not sure... at first I thought I was heteroromantic, and then maromantic/panromantic (yeah I know, I have a not well known orientation 😕 but that’s how I feel).  The things is, I can find masculine looking non-binary and girl aesthetically attractive, but I only know if I feel the same way romantically.... yet I don’t even know if I felt romantic attraction when I had my first and only crush... so I’ll wait 😐

maybeimamazed

I feel like a lot of people (mostly women) may think they’re bi because they don’t know the difference between romantic/sexual attraction and aesthetic attraction.

Archived