Pre-Marital Sex

Niemand

Have you had/are you planning to have pre-marital sex?  

1. 1.

• Asexual, have had/are planning to have it
    • Asexual, planning to wait until marriage
    • Asexual, planning to never have it
    • Sexual, have had/are planning to have it
    • Sexual, planning to wait until marriage
    • Asexual, not planning either way
    • Sexual, not planning either way
    • Other--PLEASE EXPLAIN

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not PLANNING to have sex anytime... but I'm not planning not to have it either.

If it comes along, it comes along...

I have no problems with it before marriage though.

• 4 months later...

Asexual, born-again Christian; I would only ever have sex in the context of marriage; infact I'm so conservative that I wouldn't even hold hands outside of marriage. But whether or not I get married is an entirely different question... I don't think I will ever get married (no desire to), but I wouldn't say never. I'd be quite relieved to live life as a single.

Other, I guess. I don't plan on having sex, but if I ever wanted to, I wouldn't care if I was married or not.

Im asexual but i've had sex. I used to think i was just a late blooner, thats why i never wanted to have sex. So i had it cause thats what all my friends are doing. I did not enjoy it at all, but my firends told me it got better over time and with practice. So i had it a few other times with different people, still wasnt liking it till one day i was like "you kno what this is just not for me. i dont care if its the norm to want to have sex im done" and then i found this sight and it all made sense! lol

Im asexual but i've had sex. I used to think i was just a late blooner, thats why i never wanted to have sex. So i had it cause thats what all my friends are doing. I did not enjoy it at all, but my firends told me it got better over time and with practice. So i had it a few other times with different people, still wasnt liking it till one day i was like "you kno what this is just not for me. i dont care if its the norm to want to have sex im done" and then i found this sight and it all made sense! lol

SlightlyMetaphysical

I chose asexual and planning to have it, because I'm pretty indifferent to sex, and I'm assuming that I'm going to find a sexual partner at some point, although that plan could change.

I have very strong views on pre-marital sex. I think that, if you're planning to have sex when married, it should be compulsary. Firstly because I'm sure a lot of sexuals who deny themselves pre-marital sex rush into marriages to fulfil their urges. And I just think you need to figure yourself out before you get married, and also figure out your sexual relationship, and those people who think it'll all fit in automatically are being a bit optimistic.

I have very strong views on pre-marital sex. I think that, if you're planning to have sex when married, it should be compulsary. Firstly because I'm sure a lot of sexuals who deny themselves pre-marital sex rush into marriages to fulfil their urges. And I just think you need to figure yourself out before you get married, and also figure out your sexual relationship, and those people who think it'll all fit in automatically are being a bit optimistic.

Hear, hear! My thoughts exactly.

XTriformisX

I'm planning to never have sex, but IMO there is nothing wrong at all with other people doing it before marriage. I don't see the point in it when people go "let's have tons of babies" before getting married first though.

infact I'm so conservative that I wouldn't even hold hands outside of marriage.

i'm surprised you'd let your self be seen in public with a member of the opposite sex that wasn't a relative :D

Asexual, born-again Christian; I would only ever have sex in the context of marriage; infact I'm so conservative that I wouldn't even hold hands outside of marriage. But whether or not I get married is an entirely different question... I don't think I will ever get married (no desire to), but I wouldn't say never. I'd be quite relieved to live life as a single.

Impressive. I hadn't considered holding hands to be something worth saving for marriage but that's a respectable position. I knew a sexual who viewed kissing before marriage as unacceptable and had several relationships and one engagement where she never kissed anyone - physical contact isn't necessary for romantic relationships.

The only thing I agree with in this statement is that denial of premarital sex is correlated with rushing into marriages. However that's mostly a problem with people failing to adequately control their urges. A reason I'm strongly opposed to premarital sex is that it comes off as a short-sighted approach, once one's lost one's virginity ability to bond with someone else through a virgin-virgin relationship is gone. A virgin-virgin relationship is the only completely closed relationship possible, all other relationships are open in some sense and, within applicable context, are unable to provide the same exclusivity/intimacy of a virgin-virgin relationship. Sexual compatibility should certainly be discussed before marriage, however it seems excessively risky to confirm compatibility by having premarital sex. I also question the importance of sexual compatibility, if one throws out the worthless hedonistic aspects of sex and treat it purely as an act of intimacy I struggle to see how it would be difficult to find a means of having sex that is respectful/agreeable for both people involved (assuming both people want to have sex, repulsed-asexual-sexual compatibility is another matter).

I voted: Asexual, planning to wait until marriage

I don't plan on getting married, but I might if I meet the right person. I don't plan on ever having sex, but if I do, I want to wait for marriage; nothing religious, just want to.

Member21883

Asexual, not going to get married and highly doubt I would have sex. And if I did I wouldn't care if I were married or not... don't see anything immoral or "wrong" about pre-marital sex, personally.

I can't really "plan" to have sex... and I wouldn't want to anyway. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, but I highly doubt it, since I'm pretty sure I'm asexual, and I have yet to be approached by any possible partners.

-Katie

Asexual, Virgin, 17 and I'm not gonna have pre-marital sex. I'm not planning on ever marrying so marriage sex is out too. I only would have had pre-marital sex with someone once but that's history...We never did it (we couldn't anyway since it was online) and I don't even know if he would've wanted to anyway. So, Asexual planning to never have it

Archived