Gay Man/MLM/Male Attracted Asexual Man Flag Design (looking for feedback)

Justaround4ashortwhile

Justaround4ashortwhile

Hello! I am a Male Attracted Asexual man and I am new to this website. Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, I’ve never used a forum before now.

I designed a flag to represent Asexual men who are attracted to men romantically. Some may call this orientation Gay Ace, Male Attracted Ace, MLM Ace, Androromantic Ace Man, or Homoromantic Ace Man, but the general definition is a man who is romantically attracted to other men. I prefer the term Male Attracted Ace Man personally, because using the words Gay, Androromantic, etc. have other means that don’t exactly represent who I am- but if you use those terms, great! Your orientation and your labels are all valid and this flag can represent those orientations as well.

I wanted to acknowledge that there is already an Androromantic flag design floating around on the internet as well. I personally don’t find the Androromantic flag appealing and I don’t identify with the Androromantic label, so I wanted to make one for specifically Male Attracted Asexual Man flag design. Same goes for the Homoromantic flag designs floating around.

The design is inspired by/a mix between the MLM flag and the Asexual flag, but also has a couple of its own design changes.

IMG-1081.png

Stripes meanings version-

IMG-1080.png

I would love to hear any of your feedback about this!

P.S. You don’t have to credit me if you use this flag for anything! The point of it is to be shared by individuals who identify with it.

Thanks you for reading,

Justaround4ashortwhile

everywhere and nowhere

I like the colours. By the way, do you perhaps know of a women's equivalent?

And anyway, I have nothing against more pride flags - I have even designed a "pride" tileset for Kyodai Mahjong (the nice thing is that you need no programming skills, the game will automatically cut any image large enough into pieces, so if you want to do it right, you only need to put the tiles in the right places) - but anyway for me all sexual, romantic and gender minorities are also "covered" by the rainbow flag. Even if it was not exactly the designer's intention, for me the rainbow flag represents diversity. So I'm absolutely against the idea that the rainbow flag only stands for gay men and lesbians. But, as I said, let all subgroups have their own flags as well.

Here's my Kyodai Mahjong tileset:

Rainbow-2.png

Given my lack of knowledge about graphic programs (I only use Paint XP for Windows 7 and Irfan View) and lack of orientation in advanced functions, please appreciate that I have drawn the rainbow dots, bamboos, flowers and dragons almost pixel by pixel. ;) Well, some were based on images from other people's tilesets, but I completely reccoloured them.

Justaround4ashortwhile
On 9/30/2020 at 1:39 AM, Nowhere Girl said:

I like the colours. By the way, do you perhaps know of a women's equivalent?

And anyway, I have nothing against more pride flags - I have even designed a "pride" tileset for Kyodai Mahjong (the nice thing is that you need no programming skills, the game will automatically cut any image large enough into pieces, so if you want to do it right, you only need to put the tiles in the right places) - but anyway for me all sexual, romantic and gender minorities are also "covered" by the rainbow flag. Even if it was not exactly the designer's intention, for me the rainbow flag represents diversity. So I'm absolutely against the idea that the rainbow flag only stands for gay men and lesbians. But, as I said, let all subgroups have their own flags as well.

Here's my Kyodai Mahjong tileset:

Rainbow-2.png

Given my lack of knowledge about graphic programs (I only use Paint XP for Windows 7 and Irfan View) and lack of orientation in advanced functions, please appreciate that I have drawn the rainbow dots, bamboos, flowers and dragons almost pixel by pixel. ;) Well, some were based on images from other people's tilesets, but I completely reccoloured them.

Firstly; hello! It’s nice to meet you and thank you for replying to my post.

I too believe that the rainbow flag represents the entire LGBT+ community as a general blanket flag. However, the reason I created this flag is because I wanted one more specific to represent my own identity- much like other micro labels (I think that’s the right term)/identities such as demiromantic and aromantic have created their own flags.

I created this flag myself and I did think about making a Female Attracted Asexual Woman/WLW Ace/Homoromantic Ace Woman/Gynoromantic Ace Woman flag, but since I’m not a woman myself I felt as though it wasn’t my place to design the flag to represent those identities. However if you would like me to suggest/create a flag design for that identity I would be happy to do it! Or if anyone else with that identity would like to create it that would be awesome as well. If you’re looking for my opinion on what I would see it as, I think like the flag I made, it would be a mix between the Asexual flag, but instead of the MLM flag as the other inspiration, it would be inspired by the Lesbian flag. But this is just my own idea and it doesn’t have to be anything like the flag I made! 

Also I like your tilesets! Very intricate work, nice job.

Thanks,

Justaround4ashortwhile

• 1 year later...

I hope this is official. I love the color scheme and meaning behind it. I'm gay but also asexual. I've never wanted sex but am attracted platonically or something like that, I like to cuddle and be naked with other men but am not interested into having sex of any kind. I've been trying to figure out my sexuality or lack there of for decades. I approve this flag if we're voting on it here.

Archived