I wish I had known this when I was sixteen!

A R P

Hi guys, well I’m a 48 year old writer and I’ve had lots of sex. I have done it because it was expected of me and I thought the man deserved it or I owed it to him. To be honest I would just lie there bored. If I’m honest I find sex and things associated with sex repulsive and I’ve finally got some self respect and said no more. Then I found out about a sexuality and I feel I can breathe again. This is wonderful for me and I wish I had known when I was 16 and I will do all I can to help education xxxxx

Hi and welcome,

I feel very much the same way as you, I discovered the term asexual when I got my first computer in my early forties, before that, I thought I was broken, as a male, I class myself as extremely lucky, I had attempted sex with two female partners on maybe a handful of occasions overall, then erectile dysfunction set in, great!!! no more need to attempt to have sex, all my partners cheated on me, I had my last relationship back in 1991, I don't think I've ever met another asexual person, I guess that's not the sort of thing I'd ever need to know, but finding out about asexuality nearly twenty years after my final relationship, it made me realise, I'm not broken, just individual, it's such a great feeling. I hope you like it here and get on well with this site, people here are absolutely wonderful, helpful, everything you could wish for, so welcome again I hope you stick around and join in with the rest of us

Well first thing to say really is that I have a rare sleeping disorder so I may message at really wierd times I’ve been trying out all the buttons trying to work out what I’m doing and I can’t get it to accept a photo no matter how hard I try. I think it’s great talking to people who understand when I tell people that orgasms feel horrible and always have they really don’t believe me but given I don’t want to have sex anyway every time I fake it because the real thing is so bad. I now don’t want to date having decided I’m not doing things I like because the majority of men go out with you in the hope of getting into bed with you and in the past I’ve tried dating sites but finding even the thought makes me sick I didn’t get on well there haha do you have trouble watching sex scenes on tv? I have to cover my eyes haha it’s so nice to talk about it and I hope to make some new friends but you know even if no one reads it it’s a relief just to be able to be honest as I’ve tried talking to people it’s like speaking a foreign language the only person who just accepted it was my mum she’s great xxxxx

• 1 month later...

A very belated welcome to AVEN!

I'm glad that learning about asexuality has helped you, however late.

Asexuality needs more visibility.

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so late welcoming you, here's my favourite cake to post,

http://chocolateartcake.blogspot.com/
ZWughhv.jpg

Archived