Ah. So it IS a thing.

NotOnAVENAnymore

Hello there!

I think most of us here can relate to that feeling of being broken or, at the very least, odd. And then realising there's a word for that, we're not alone and, in fact, everything's ok with us :) Welcome to AVEN! It's a tradition that new members get cake, so here's a dog cake for you 😊

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaV2GLOYQD4Yjp63D_h1K

Purple Red Panda

Welcome 💜

29 minutes ago, ThatPersonWhoWalksTheDogs said:

I discovered there's a word for this being "a bit odd" thing. 

So that's me. I have friends who I am very close to and love dearly, I have a dog who I adore, I have parents and siblings who I love very much, and I am so happy to know that I do not need anything else to be a complete person.

I'm happy that you feel complete as you are. There is nothing wrong with that and you should never be made to feel bad because you don't need another person to make you happy

Purple-Ombre-Cake.jpg

Welcome! :)🍰 I'm glad to hear that you've found an orientation that truly resonates with you and are happy with who you are. I hope you find everything you're looking for on here!

Welcome to AVEN! 🎂 🥮 🍥🍰 I related to nearly everything you said!! I'm so glad you are a part of this community.

Welcome! Your not gonna be alone though, because you have your friends and family :D 

recipe_elegant-chocolate-cake.jpg?itok=p

Greetings and welcome to AVEN! 🍰 For a long time I also felt like I was simply going to have to grin and bear it, since that's what the expectation was -- but like you, I've come to realize just how unhealthy that mindset is. I'm so happy to hear that you're in a good place and are comfortable with yourself!

Phantasmal Fingers
On 9/29/2020 at 2:35 PM, ThatPersonWhoWalksTheDogs said:

... I have zero desire for sex or for a romantic relationship. Not only zero desire but I actually do not want either of those. The idea just seems so not me. I don't even want to chohabitate with another person, really. I just want friends. I am very happy with just friends.

I have friends who I am very close to and love dearly, I have a dog who I adore, I have parents and siblings who I love very much, and I am so happy to know that I do not need anything else to be a complete person. :)

Exactly! 🙂

There are quite a few of us about! Welcome to AVEN! 🎂

• 1 month later...

@ThatPersonWhoWalksTheDogs A very belated welcome to AVEN!

I love that mindset of being true to yourself. Societal pressure can all too easily convince us we're wrong to be happy how we are.

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so late welcoming you, here's a "Sammie the Shih Tzu" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/246373-sammie-the-shih-tzu
bpjs4qye2tgocmgu4tbb.jpg

Archived