"What being asexual feels like"

weird elf

Good, more asexual awareness :)
And good info was shared, and it sounds like she's on AVEN somewhere :D

Good work to her and the channel.

14 minutes ago, CBC said:

Wait what. 

"I hooked up with three guys a few weeks ago. I want the connection, it's all about connection for me."

What.

😶

Lol oh yeah. That was definitely the weirdest part of the video.

I get what she means though, and it's not the first time I hear someone saying they look for connection even if it's with sex, though it is odd for sure, considering she has a partner. She's poly though so.. ehh, well I don't know poly people that well :P

4 minutes ago, CBC said:

I just... connection is the point of sex for me, too. Not hot bodies. And I've never hooked up with three guys at the same time in my life. Am I more asexual than a self-described asexual?

Well you did say that you didn't really have sex drive, but you still have the sexual attraction right? Like, it's not 'only' the connection you're looking for or you get out of it, you like the sex acts and I would guess your pleasure has more physical parts to it than the emotional pleasure she gets for the intimacy (only?). I could be wrong, just jabbering here XD

7 minutes ago, CBC said:

I believe I've said that I don't feel randomly horny out of nowhere for purely biological need-to-get-off reasons too much. Like my body nagging at me, needing release. It happens, but it's quite rare. I enjoy masturbation and sex a lot though, and since I'm aware that I enjoy them, I engage in those things regularly (well, relationship is currently long-distance, but still includes sex stuff and would obvs involve frequent in-person sex if there was no distance factor). In the case of completely solo stuff, it just feels good physically and improves my mood; in the case of partnered, the same factors plus feeling desire for my partner due to the connection we share. 

I don't know what the woman in the video is getting out of it that isn't the same as a sexual person. I assume it feels good (I believe she mentioned it did) and she's looking for connection (same here), so... I'm a bit confused.

*shrug*.. at least she did mention some asexuals were not into sex.
I still feel like I can understand what she means because sex might just be secondary and she literally only cares about the intimacy,, but thinking about it.. hooking up with guys instead of using her time with meaningful connections.. feels a bit odd, you know? If it's connection she wants as an asexual, wouldn't she get more from her partner or at least steadier buddies?

She said she's on AVEN, soo, maybe we'll know her take one day lol.

Archived