Planning to get back into woodworking

SorryNotSorry

Just finished another day in my latest phase of my current home improvement project, a work table with storage shelves below and a storage shelf hanging from the ceiling above, running the length of one wall of my garage.

I really want to get back into woodworking eventually, so after this latest DIY installment, I'm turning my attention to the deteriorated, termite-riddled patio which my mother's uncles built a couple of years before I was born—and it's illegal anyways because it's a lean-to structure attached to the garage.

The patio has one saving grace in the form of a good concrete slab. I plan to hire someone to polish it after I tear down the old patio, so that it will be easier to sweep clean with a broom. Then I want to build a new shed on the slab, totally legal because it will be a few feet away from the garage, put soundproofing in the walls and ceiling, and use the shed exclusively for woodworking. I'll still fabricate metal, plastics, and everything other than wood in the garage. I've been waiting years to do this.

We abouta build 

• 4 months later...
SorryNotSorry
6 hours ago, WalterVAllen said:

The only thing I like about covid pandemic is that I have a lot of time for woodworking. I was able to repair a couple of chairs for our new restroom and really enjoyed that process. Also planning to build a doghouse for Betty because the old one is quite small for her.

lot of people have been getting into hobbies since they’ve been stuck at home.

Take model-building for example... I used to be able to go on Ebay and buy the kits that I wanted for reasonable prices. Now with the pandemic, sellers have cranked up the prices for model kits as much as 300%. And for discontinued kits, it’s over 1,000%.

1 minute ago, Woodworker1968 said:

lot of people have been getting into hobbies since they’ve been stuck at home.

I really started doing projects, so all the power to you!

I am more finance minded, so researched the daylights out of trading, and the stock market to where my understanding of it is expert like soon. 

I think the year to build a portfolio would be now, vs getting pennies from saving at a bank.

But time is a luxury in life many cannot afford, if there is any silver lining to the slowing down of society by covid.

Archived