Hello People!

WhereTheSkiesEnd

WhereTheSkiesEnd

Hi everyone! I'm excited to be here!

I've been identifying as aromantic asexual for about three years now, but I haven't really meet anyone in the community. So I'm hoping to make some friends here!😁

I guess a little about me. I'm 23 years old. I'm huge space geek! I love learning about astronomy and watching rocket launches. I like talking about paranormal stuff too, though I'm definitely more of a skeptic. I just think it's a fun topic. And I still watch cartoons like a child because frankly it is the best form of media. (is my personality all over the place?) I like baking, hiking, and reading as well.

I'm also super awkward and filled with anxiety, so not sure if I will actually post very often. But I look forward to getting know you all!

Welcome! They found Phosphane on Venus! It’s so cool. Did you manage to see the BBC Sky at Night broadcast of it? It was really awesome, I recommend it if you haven’t :D 

ccjupitercake08.jpg

Aspaceforaghost

Welcome to the forum! What sort of cartoons do you like? I definitely prefer them to most shows lol

keto chocolate mousse cake sliced on plate

WhereTheSkiesEnd
47 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! They found Phosphane on Venus! It’s so cool. Did you manage to see the BBC Sky at Night broadcast of it? It was really awesome, I recommend it if you haven’t :D 

aah! I was so excited!😆 I should try find that BBC broadcast to watch.

WhereTheSkiesEnd
11 minutes ago, Aspaceforaghost said:

Welcome to the forum! What sort of cartoons do you like? I definitely prefer them to most shows lol

Invader Zim and Gravity Falls are the ones I go back and rewatch the most. I recently finish watching season one of The Owl House, which I would recommend. I can't wait for season two!

What about you?

Welcome! I'm also a huge fan of baking (The Great British Bake Off always makes me too ambitious with my recipes and then I have to go watch Nailed It to raise my self esteem). What's your favourite thing to bake?  

6a35229d4092b8f7b4fd0583d16d5056.jpg

asexual-up-my-sleeve

Hi and welcome!! 🍰 Ooh, I'm a science nerd myself. My first love is biology, but I am super fascinated by astronomy too! I hope to learn a little more about it someday lol. If you ever want to message someone, I'm more than open to!

Yep, fascinating the scale of space and everything contained within. :cake:

WhereTheSkiesEnd
14 hours ago, ScandiGirl said:

Welcome! I'm also a huge fan of baking (The Great British Bake Off always makes me too ambitious with my recipes and then I have to go watch Nailed It to raise my self esteem). What's your favourite thing to bake?  

That cake looks amazing! Thank you!

My favorite thing to bake are cookies because they're easy to store so I don't have to worry about eating them all in one sitting😝. Usually do something fancy like cupcakes for holidays and such.

How about yourself?

2 minutes ago, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

That cake looks amazing! Thank you!

My favorite thing to bake are cookies because they're easy to store so I don't have to worry about eating them all in one sitting😝. Usually do something fancy like cupcakes for holidays and such.

How about yourself?

I also like baking cookies (particularly gingerbread and molasses cookies). Baking bread is my second favourite - but it always ends up being, at least, a six hour production. Bread has been getting me through quarantine boredom! 

Aspaceforaghost
20 hours ago, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

Invader Zim and Gravity Falls are the ones I go back and rewatch the most. I recently finish watching season one of The Owl House, which I would recommend. I can't wait for season two!

What about you?

I haven't watched Invader Zim in ages but Gravity Falls is definitely one of my favorites.  I just finished The second season of The Hollow and really enjoyed it. Haven't watched The Owl House yet though, I'll have to check it out!

WhereTheSkiesEnd
5 hours ago, ScandiGirl said:

Baking bread is my second favourite - but it always ends up being, at least, a six hour production. Bread has been getting me through quarantine boredom! 

Baking bread always seemed like a daunting task to me because of how much time it took. But I guess most of that is just waiting for the dough to rise 🤔 maybe I should give it a try.

Have any recipes to recommend?

6 hours ago, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

Have any recipes to recommend?

I've always enjoyed making Challah. The ingredient list is small and the recipe is fairly easy. If you have a stand mixer, great. If you don't (like me), kneading the dough until its smooth and elastic is pretty cathartic and a great arm workout. You can make it as simple or as complicated as you want with the braiding. Six strands is as adventurous as I've ever gotten. 

https://www.lifeasastrawberry.com/simplechallah-bread/

f66ba652dadcd1810318a2a937747602.jpg

Hi WTSE! 🍰

On 9/24/2020 at 7:39 AM, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

I like talking about paranormal stuff too, though I'm definitely more of a skeptic.

What do you mean, "more of a skeptic" to me sounds less convinced than "completely skeptic", do you give it at least the benefit of the doubt? Like, I don't know, you think ghosts may actually exist?

WhereTheSkiesEnd
13 hours ago, ScandiGirl said:

I've always enjoyed making Challah. The ingredient list is small and the recipe is fairly easy. If you have a stand mixer, great. If you don't (like me), kneading the dough until its smooth and elastic is pretty cathartic and a great arm workout. You can make it as simple or as complicated as you want with the braiding. Six strands is as adventurous as I've ever gotten. 

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, thanks!

WhereTheSkiesEnd
4 hours ago, Nerkes said:

What do you mean, "more of a skeptic" to me sounds less convinced than "completely skeptic", do you give it at least the benefit of the doubt? Like, I don't know, you think ghosts may actually exist?

Don't believe in ghost, there's no hard evidence. But wouldn't it be cool if ghost did exist?

Hi there, and welcome to AVEN! It sounds like we have quite a bit in common -- I'm a hiker, baker, and reader myself, too. (Not to mention likewise incredibly awkward, haha.) What are some of your favorite books?

Also, @ScandiGirl, that space cake is incredible!

WhereTheSkiesEnd
1 hour ago, SocialMorays said:

Hi there, and welcome to AVEN! It sounds like we have quite a bit in common -- I'm a hiker, baker, and reader myself, too. (Not to mention likewise incredibly awkward, haha.) What are some of your favorite books?

Douglas Adams and Andy Weir are my favorite authors (guess I like science fiction but with humor?). I'm currently reading 'The Rise of Kyoshi' which I love! It's like a prequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you were a fan of the show, I would highly recommend this book (I'm probably going to read the squeal next).

What are some of your favorite books?

4 minutes ago, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

Douglas Adams and Andy Weir are my favorite authors (guess I like science fiction but with humor?). I'm currently reading 'The Rise of Kyoshi' which I love! It's like a prequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you were a fan of the show, I would highly recommend this book (I'm probably going to read the squeal next).

What are some of your favorite books?

I love Douglas Adams, he's absolutely brilliant! I haven't read The Martian yet, but it's on my list, as I greatly enjoyed the film. My two all-time favorite authors are Ursula K. Le Guin (I highly recommend The Left Hand of Darkness and The Dispossessed) and Terry Pratchett (whose sense of humor is very Adamsian -- I'd recommend Mort, Wyrd Sisters, or Small Gods as a starting point to his work.) I'm also super into graphic novels and indie comics.

5 hours ago, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

Don't believe in ghost, there's no hard evidence. But wouldn't it be cool if ghost did exist?

You clearly never watched Gostbusters 😱

WhereTheSkiesEnd
13 hours ago, SocialMorays said:

I love Douglas Adams, he's absolutely brilliant! I haven't read The Martian yet, but it's on my list, as I greatly enjoyed the film. My two all-time favorite authors are Ursula K. Le Guin (I highly recommend The Left Hand of Darkness and The Dispossessed) and Terry Pratchett (whose sense of humor is very Adamsian -- I'd recommend Mort, Wyrd Sisters, or Small Gods as a starting point to his work.) I'm also super into graphic novels and indie comics.

I just googled "The Left Hand of Darkness" and I'm definitely adding it to my reading list! Thanks for the recommendations😁

2 minutes ago, WhereTheSkiesEnd said:

I just googled "The Left Hand of Darkness" and I'm definitely adding it to my reading list! Thanks for the recommendations😁

You're quite welcome! I hope you enjoy it 🙂

WhereTheSkiesEnd
On 9/25/2020 at 2:25 AM, ScandiGirl said:

I baked the bread! It was super messy, I'm thinking I should've added more flour. But it was still delicious!😋

• 2 months later...
WhereTheSkiesEnd
10 hours ago, MichaelTannock said:

A very belated welcome to AVEN!

It's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and even though I'm so late welcoming you, here's a "Space" cake,

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/261003-space-themed-fondant-scenery-cake
fxbygtshzecds1jpo2ee.jpg

I love it! Thats beautiful, thank you

I'm glad you like it! You're welcome!

Archived