Soul Searcher

Morals vs Money  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more important to you?

• Upholding my moral code of conduct.
    • Having some money in my pocket.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, E said:

I always figured at the end of the road as you're dying, you're not going to care about any amount of money. It'll be particular moments in life that haunt you. And for a lot of people, it's moments involving lapses of morals.

You might care if that money is the difference between dying in agony with no one to wipe your arse for you or help you take final mouthful of water, and actually having some peace and dignity in your final moments... To be honest I suspect (based on watching 3 grandparents and a random dude  who had a heart attack in front of me die) most people who are dying are too busy suffering to waste their energy on regretting robbing banks and so on. 

18 hours ago, theV0ID said:

You might care if that money is the difference between dying in agony with no one to wipe your arse for you or help you take final mouthful of water, and actually having some peace and dignity in your final moments... To be honest I suspect (based on watching 3 grandparents and a random dude  who had a heart attack in front of me die) most people who are dying are too busy suffering to waste their energy on regretting robbing banks and so on. 

Depends on the circumstances of death then. If you know your time's up but you've got some time left with cognitive abilities, the majority of people I've met usually rewind their life and scrutinize what they've done. Of course sudden stuff happens too. By then you're not concerned about money or morals since you're caught up in the last moment. All depends on the person too. Everybody takes it differently.

• 3 months later...

@Brainiac

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived