Pet Rabbit Stories

Oberon Jasper

I have a pet rabbit and was interesting in hearing others stories about there fluffy lil companion?

I used to have pet rabbits. If you get a second one from a pet store, you shouldn't necessarily trust their judgment on your rabbit's sex.

We bought six. Then we had twenty.

I adopted mine from a person who thought they got two girls, but one was a guy, so I got the guy.

abandoned-account

My father got one once, but then he let it loose because his parents complained about it :( 

(and yes, he was a grown adult when that happened -_-)

Aww. The poor little rabbit tho!

Best story concerned my first rabbit. He was a house rabbit, had a litter tray etc. 

Mum was making elderberry wine, and had a bucket full of water and elderberries steeping in it. The bucket had a muslin cloth on top. Bunny, not knowing any different, thought the cloth could bear his weight... 😋 😋 

It's amazing how much dark red fluid a small rabbit can hold in its fur 😃, and of course, having hot out, he ran around the kitchen-diner shaking himself frequently. 

Guess who had to repaint the room? 😡 

Our family currently has a rabbit, his name is Cinder and he's an absolute joy to have around. Unfortunately he loves being naughty. There's been several occasions where he's jumped up on the couch when he's not supposed to... he's done the same with a beanbag in our living room and eventually we just allowed him to claim it :lol:

Last year we had an interesting situation where a wild rabbit (not fully wild, its coat was patterned and showed clear signs of domestication) showed up to our backyard. Because Cinder spends a lot of time outside, this rabbit was aware of Cinder's presence and would constantly hang around him. Whenever we put Cinder out in his pen to play, he and the other rabbit would play together (as best as they could since they were separated) and they'd boop each other's noses. It was so precious. Sadly we one day caught word that the wild rabbit was found dead in a neighbor's yard. Sorry for the sad ending :<

Anyways, here's the fluffle bun, devouring a half finished dandelion crown I made for him:

20200731_110515_by_wanderlustwings_de5my

3 hours ago, Libbity Split said:

I have a pet rabbit and was interesting in hearing others stories about there fluffy lil companion?

My friend left her pet rabbit with two friends to rabbit-sit. When she returned the rabbit had a completely different personality. She is pretty sure her rabbit escaped and the two friends just bought a new one and pretended it was hers.

19 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

My friend left her pet rabbit with two friends to rabbit-sit. When she returned the rabbit had a completely different personality. She is pretty sure her rabbit escaped and the two friends just bought a new one and pretended it was hers.

That is both incredibly depressing and hilarious.

2 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Best story concerned my first rabbit. He was a house rabbit, had a litter tray etc. 

Mum was making elderberry wine, and had a bucket full of water and elderberries steeping in it. The bucket had a muslin cloth on top. Bunny, not knowing any different, thought the cloth could bear his weight... 😋 😋 

It's amazing how much dark red fluid a small rabbit can hold in its fur 😃, and of course, having hot out, he ran around the kitchen-diner shaking himself frequently. 

Guess who had to repaint the room? 😡 

What's an elderberry? Is that like some fruit from Skyrim or something?

abandoned-account
5 hours ago, Libbity Split said:

Aww. The poor little rabbit tho!

I know. I believe it was a domestic rabbit too, not meant to be dropped off in the woods 😞

22 minutes ago, Veezle said:

I know. I believe it was a domestic rabbit too, not meant to be dropped off in the woods 😞

I hate when that happens. I rescued a lop from that one time. Someone had just let it go in the woods. It has a good home now tho!

1 hour ago, GingerRose said:

Alys Fowler: elderberries | Life and style | The Guardian

yum

It looks just like pokeweed

3 hours ago, DuskFire said:

It looks just like pokeweed

It does. but pokeweed is gross

36 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

It does. but pokeweed is gross

I think it's poisonous to humans as well

4 minutes ago, DuskFire said:

Yep. Though I used to play with the berries all the time when I was a child, glad I never took one for a snack at least!

Just now, GingerRose said:

Yep. Though I used to play with the berries all the time when I was a child, glad I never took one for a snack at least!

That is good! 

I remember holding the class pet rabbit Sushi. He ate a big hole in my shorts and you could see my underwear 😅

Wascally Wabbit!

@CBC, I think most male rabbits do that.

There was also the time one of my male rabbits decided to treat next door's tomcat like a female rabbit. The alarming thing is that the cat was enjoying proceedings. The funny bit was next door neighbour looking over the fence at that moment wondering why their cat hadn't come in for dinner 

I’ve never had a rabbit. Until I moved to England, I didn’t even consider the concept of rabbits as pets except for magicians pulling them out of hats. I look forward to having a pair of buns one day when we have a garden and more space.

When I was a kid I had a friend at school who reportedly had a pet vulture who used to get beat up by his sister's pet rabbit. At least that's what I vaguely recall him telling us.

Rabbits are the third most popular pet in Britain after cats and dogs. 

28 minutes ago, Sky Tune Rein said:

Y'know that psycho killer rabbit in Monty Python?

That's every rabbit I've ever had.

For dinner.

Did you at least go hunting for it, with the holy hand grenade?

The first rabbit I hosted was the school's one during a holiday. She was called Mischief for a reason. An escape from her hutch overnight and she was in the vegetable basket when I came downstairs 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:05 PM, King Boo said:

I think poke weed is tasty if you  cook it very thoroughly.  I’m not trying it.

I helped rescue a neighbor’s bunny once.  He’d gotten loose in their yard and I had to go knock on their door to warn them.  

We also had some wild rabbits in our yard who would come up to the window and look at our cat.  He was quite perplexed when he saw them; I guess he’s not as threatening a predator as he thinks he is.

Archived