Confused About Sex

natalia85

*******CONTENT WARNING*******

I may mention sexual things that you may not want to read. Please know this before continuing reading.

Thing is I know Im asexual. I have no interest in having sex with another human being at all. BUT if I ever pleasure myself I do imagine being with a man. Not that I want that to actually happen. It just makes me so confused.

How can I fantasize about something but not desire it in real life? It's confuising.

Any words that could help me clarify?

Thanks in Advance

Natalia

I know there's a sexual identity in which people still mastrubate and what not, but have no desire to do so in real life. I don't remember the name tho. I think it's like autochriss something or other.

Man of the Stoa

Also, it's pretty common to fantasize about things you don't actually want. Murder fantasies are quite common, for example. This is particularly the case when it comes to sex. 2/3 of women have rape fantasies. Orgy fantasies are rather common as well. Kahr even describes a patient who was Jewish woman who's parents died in the holocaust, and she fantasized about being sexually abused by Nazis. All this to say, don't be confused just because you fantasize about things that you don't want in real life. It's super common, it's just that people don't really talk it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, natalia85 said:

. Why is it so hard to understand our effin minds sometimes right?

Haha, yeah. You can say that one again.

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, Libbity Split said:

I know there's a sexual identity in which people still mastrubate and what not, but have no desire to do so in real life. I don't remember the name tho. I think it's like autochriss something or other.

Autochorissexuality (or anegosexuality) is yet something else, it's about having erotic fantasies in third person. But having first-person fantasies and not wanting them to come true is admittedly a similar enough phenomenon.

1 minute ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Autochorissexuality (or anegosexuality) is yet something else, it's about having erotic fantasies in third person. But having first-person fantasies and not wanting them to come true is admittedly a similar enough phenomenon.

Thank you. I'm a little out of my depth with stuff like that.

Hey, just here to reiterate: brains are weird sometimes! It’s totally normal to fantasize about stuff that you would never want to actually happen—and it’s a lot more common than you would think. In the US at least we have this weird cultural idea that your fantasies reveal some dark truth about what your inmost self "really wants", but that’s not necessarily true.