How to tell crush he’s the exception in my grey romanticism?

ReyGraves

I’ve been rather ehhh? When it comes to my romantic orientation. But I’ve put myself in the grey romantic camp. 

I’ve told my friend/crush this. Both of our awkwardness/anxieties are probably what’s mostly holding us back but I’m also not sure if it’s clear to him that he’s the “exception”. 

Yes I rarely feel romantic attraction. But that rare occasion just so happens to be you, dumbass (affectionately). 

I was was just wondering if y’all had any....I dunno, cute? Funny? Ways to let him know? 

Roses are red

Violets are blue

And my romance is grey

But my rainbow for you outshines that any day

God that’s so cringe but kinda like that. Mentioning the grey romanticism to make it clear that he’s the reason I’m grey and not aro. (And maybe low key ask him to be my boyfriend?)

What I know: His romantic/sexual orientations means he can be attracted to me. We have pet names for each other. Say goodnight via Snapchat every night with cute emojis/stickers. I think he feels some sort of way for me but I second guess everything so I talk myself away from the romantic angle. Writing it out I’m like, duh we’re flirting/have feelings. But the other part of me is like jUsT FRieNdS : )

I’ve never dONE THIS BEFORE. how dO EMOTION WORK??? 

I mean, it sounds like you've explained it fairly well. In order to prevent things getting lost in translation, why not just say that you occasionally experience romantic feelings towards him? Or, at the very least, you're experiencing a sense of personal comfort which you really treasure? Beyond the labels, that seems to be the situation. Y'all sound like you're already being pretty romantic, not gonna lie. Though friends can wish each other goodnight (every single night) with cute emojis and stickers, you've offered that as an example of how your relationship is already somewhat flirtatious. So it sounds to me that he'd be receptive to the idea of you being interested in him beyond just friendship.

I'd suggest taking the leap and seeing how you feel. See where it goes, when you tell him that you're experiencing feelings which are (at the very least) borderline romantic. You'll never know how it'll feel if you don't try it out, and he sounds like a very safe person to test the waters with. This sounds pretty mutual.

Omfg

HE ASKED TO KISS ME AND I NOW HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!! 

On 9/20/2020 at 1:00 PM, ReyGraves said:

Omfg

HE ASKED TO KISS ME AND I NOW HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!! 

Congratulations! 

Archived