On 9/19/2020 at 12:25 PM, • adriana • said:

miraculous ladybug 

luka x marinette

adrien x kagami

nino x alya

marc x nathaniel

mylene x ivan

rose x juleka

This is from a month ago but I DON't CARE!! Ok so at my age i should've outgrown miraculous... but i haven't. And YES luka & marinette are literally my life. Screw marinette and adrien, kagami and luka are so much better for the lead protagonists respectively. Also, rose and juleka is soooo cute, I'm waiting for the kiss lol.

• adriana •
On 10/19/2020 at 8:07 AM, flatulence said:

This is from a month ago but I DON't CARE!! Ok so at my age i should've outgrown miraculous... but i haven't. And YES luka & marinette are literally my life. Screw marinette and adrien, kagami and luka are so much better for the lead protagonists respectively. Also, rose and juleka is soooo cute, I'm waiting for the kiss lol.

i'm so glad i've found somebody who agrees with me on this! there is literally so much more chemistry between adrien and kagami and luka and marinette! i also should have outgrown miraculous but it's just such a cute and fun show to watch! no remorse from me lol

i'm also waiting for rose and juleka to kiss, their relationship is so pure and cute i literally love them so much

LadyWallflower

I'm not big on romance at all. But I thought it would be fun to push myself and think of some pairings I like.

Eugene x Rapunzel (Tangled)

Kristoff x Anna (Frozen)

Gai x Kakashi (Naruto)

Remus Lupin x Sirius Black (Harry Potter)

Thorin x Bilbo Baggins (Hobbit)

Zack Fair x Cloud Strife (FF7)

Tifa Lockheart x Aerith Gainsborough (FF7)

Tidus x Yuna (FF10)

Fang x Vanille (FFXIII)

Riku x Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Squall Leonhart x Bartz Klauser (Dissidia)

Sam x Sebastian (Stardew Valley)

I second Eugene and Rapunzel.

I also very much love fictional/literary romance as well, and i found myself to read a lot of queer/male-male romance (not much female-female representation available though, if anyone has recommendations?) because the queer couples just seem to be not as stuck in the usual gender stereotypes. Those get really old fast.

I love all the couples from Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series, but my absolute favourites are Dan & Kat. Followed by Janie & Quinn and Drew & Ash, hard to decide...

LadyWallflower

@Concinnity I have read a few f/f books lately I can recommend.

1. Stormsong (The Kingston Cycle #2) by C.L. Polk. This is a unique fantasy book set in a pseudo Edwardian England. Very unique, with mystery elements. The first book in the series focuses on a m/m relationship, and the second one focuses on a f/f relationship. I honestly really recommend it. I love this series.

2. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthhurst. This is very traditional fantasy and love story between two princesses. To be honest... I didn't like it that much, because I thought the plotline was too simplistic and predictable. It is a YA, though, so it is purposefully simplistic. I know a lot of other people enjoy it, so maybe you should give it a try.

3. The Lady's Guide to to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2) by Mackenzi Lee. This story involves a f/f relationship with an ace woman. It is a YA novel, and very... silly and unexpected. Don't read it if you are in the mood for something serious. Read it when you are in the mood for something strange and kind of weird and fun. It is the second novel in the series. The first novel focuses on a m/m story, with the ace woman being present as an important side character. 

4. Spinning by Tillie Walden. This isn't a f/f story, but is more the coming-of-age story of a lesbian figure skater. A f/f relationship is part of the story for a bit, but not the focus. It can be quite sad at times. 

Out of all of these that I recently read, #1 is definitely my favorite, followed by #3. 

I'm binging slice of life/romance anime at the moment, so I have to add Taiga Aisaka and Ryuuji Takasu here from Toradora! It starts with quite a lot of physical comedy and humour, but once the main story arc starts up emotionally it hits like a truck.

Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

Zen and Shirayuki (Snow White with the Red Hair)

The two couples from Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku

Meliodas and Elizabeth (The Seven Deadly Sins)

Tamaki and Haruhi (Ouran High School Host Club)

Takumi Usui and Misaki Ayuzawa (Maid-sama!)

Romio Inuzuka and Juliet Persia (Boarding School Juliet)

On 9/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, Karst said:

I love Wash and Zoe's relationship in Firefly.  It's such a wholesome and realistic example of The Straights Being Okay.

Zoe: "My man would never fall for that (something in Mandarin)."

Wash: "Most of my head wishes I had."

I love it! :D

Friendlymushroom23

Ty lee x Azula 

Mai x Zuko (sorry zutara shippers)

Korra x Asami 

Bolin x anyone that will treat him right 

Mako x Wu

...I saw you watched avatar and couldn't resist!

Oberon Jasper

I'm not one hundred percent with this one, but

Ace and 2D from Gorillaz. Need to do some more digging first.

Carter and O'Neill from Stargate, since nothing ever actually happens, and the show doesn't get ruined by a random, inane romantic sub plot just to kill time

Archived