Crushes and Relationships

SillyLilyBug

So I'm in my teens and I've never had a crush. I pretend that people are cute when my friends talk to me about they're celebrity crushes, but I'm just faking. I can't even imagine how that works to be honest. I've also been in some relationships, but my partners have always been more attracted to me than I do to them and I feel awful for that. Basically, everyone is also the same amount of attractive to me as well. I thought feelings were supposed to grow overtime but it's never happened. I can't see anyone besides being a friend, yet I still want a relationship. Once I get into relationships though, it's like I get bored of them. I've loved the people I've been with, but only as a friend. I imagine getting married someday but more as a lifelong friendship, but also not getting married isn't the end of the world for me. I even have an amazing friend group too, so it's not like I just want friends. Why do I feel this way, or does anyone else feel this way?

From a confused 15 year old. - Thanks

I don't remember the name but there's a sexuality where you lose interest when someone expresses attraction to you. I wish you luck in figuring stuff out.

- a pretty confused 16 year old

I too have never had a crush. 🙂 I've met people who I've thought were aesthetically attractive and had lovely personalities and believed that I had to make myself crush on them, y'know? I never really thought that that was unnatural, I thought crushes were a choice back then. 🤷‍♀️ Of course I'd forget that I was supposed to like them a short time later. 😆

fraysexual I think is what it is but i reccomend doing some research on your own and finding what feels right. There is nothing wrong with being asexual or aromantic, just find what feels right for you. :)

You're good.  Don't worry.

You do sound kinda aro though.  But that's just me.

Archived