Young British AVENites needed for documentary

AVENguy

Hey all,

I got an e-mail from one of the documentary companies in the UK, and they are looking for 16-24 year olds from the UK who can appear in their documentary. Documentaries are usually a lot less intense than live TV- they can edit things, and because they're doing an in-depth portrait they're a lot less likely to turn things into a spectacle. I've spoken personally with the producers and they have a positive and respectful take on asexuality. If you're interested drop me a line, webmaster@asexuality.org

Dear David,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you. I've just been speaking to Mark McClemont and he recommended I get in touch. I think my colleague Emily Smith also contacted you earlier in the year.

I am currently working for TV production company ZKK SOUTH on a documentary series about young people and sexual health, for Channel 4 Education. This programme series is aimed at 16-24 year olds and will be broadcast on Channel 4 during the day so that schools and students can watch it.

In one of the programmes we want to talk about young people who don't want to have sex, and we'd like to interview a young person who is asexual.

Would you have any contacts in the UK of asexual young people aged 16-25 (maybe up to 30) who might be interested in talking to us? The interview itself would not be live, and our style of filming is pretty low-key, with a small camera and minimal crew, so hopefully not too daunting an experience.

Or maybe we can post something on the AVEN forum seeing if anyone came forward?

We're really keen that we include an asexual young person in the programme, to ensure that we include this important orientation that young people might not be aware of; and especially to encourage other young people who might have the same orientation and think that they're alone.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

All the Best

Simon

Archived